OcUK Photo Comp - Season Nine : Round Twelve - "Open Theme" DISCUSSION

Soldato
Entered mine, not that theres much point. My pic for yellow was of a yellow light and involved the yellow sunlight and i was given the feedback that "it wasnt on topic".

So ive entered a random that also happens to show "open space" so maybe i have a chance of not coming last for not being on topic :rolleyes:

be honest though, it was a carp photo.

Mud

Mud

Soldato
-ALL ENTRANTS WILL BE AWARDED WITH 10 FOR THEME MARKINGS

Entered mine, not that theres much point. My pic for yellow was of a yellow light and involved the yellow sunlight and i was given the feedback that "it wasnt on topic".

So ive entered a random that also happens to show "open space" so maybe i have a chance of not coming last for not being on topic :rolleyes:

e: whoops, didn't see your response there Ichabod.

Soldato

read the comments on growse's site and cant see that comment? I can see there is a mention of the yellow being more of a secondary element to the photo. Have you resorted back to your selective reading again? The general feel is its not a photo that you'll get a wow factor from. Take a look at the comments for all of the images and try to get an idea of where the judges are coming from. By and large they do give a balanced view of each image although there is the odd comment which seems a bit strange. e.g in my image one judge mentions the image is more about the sky rather than the landscape (my view nice contrast yellow and blue) and in another image where there is the same blue / yellow contrast it appears to get a more positive view on that aspect. If you cant take the constructive criticism on board then is there any point in entering photos if you come in from the start with an attitude? Take you're comment above when Ichabod commented that your EXIF isn't available all you reply with is 'I know' rather than posting the exif in your entry......I guess disqualification will mean that you wont finish last though ;)

Soldato
This isn't really relevant to the thread other than just to have a moan, as it's already been explained quite clearly that everyone will get scored 10 for theme. From the lack of a post in the 'yellow' results thread, you didn't seem to have an issue with it then, but I guess I'll take the bait.

Well the attitude gets you nowhere, for starters. If you feel so strongly about it, then explain to us how (in terms of photographic, technical and artistic merit) you feel you missed out. The judging is naturally subjective, but the fact that three of us feel that the image was a bit of a point-scraper counts for something. Not to put too fine a point on it, but where others have gone out of their way to get down and dirty with the theme, and have done excellent work both in set up and in post processing, all you really appear to have done for that image is to lean out of your door and take a snap of your outside light.

Rather than moan about it, why not just try to prove us wrong next time and stretch your ability? And as commented, if you don't include an EXIF, it won't even get marked.

Last edited:
Soldato
^ +1!
Willis, what's the story behind the shot?

Some other cool ones I like too, really like fusions, stats, muds and rojins!
Greedy - are they the porcelain sunflower seeds on exhibition? If so, there's loooads!
Rojin - how'd you do that shot? It's ace! The birds look positively animated :D

Last edited:
Soldato
^ +1!
Willis, what's the story behind the shot?

Some other cool ones I like too, really like fusions, stats, muds and rojins!
Greedy - are they the porcelain sunflower seeds on exhibition? If so, there's loooads!
Rojin - how'd you do that shot? It's ace! The birds look positively animated :D

Just throw 'em some bread in the air! I tried to capture one catching the bread, but that didn't quite come off. I wish I still had the 85mm as that would've worked quite well I reckon :)

Soldato
Cheers guys was shot on Friday evening for a project me and a Model had been planning for a wile. Hired the costume and had the hair and make up done for the shoot. I mostly shoot more edgy fashion stuff and some nudes so wanted something a bit different and a model wearing some clothes haha.

Soldato
Cheers guys was shot on Friday evening for a project me and a Model had been planning for a wile. Hired the costume and had the hair and make up done for the shoot. I mostly shoot more edgy fashion stuff and some nudes so wanted something a bit different and a model wearing some clothes haha.

Saw these posted on Purestorm the other day. Superb series. Personally I preferred the look of the image posted after the one you put in for the comp although i think the models face looked a bit odd in the processing. Cracking shot none the less though :)

Back
Top Bottom