OcUK Powerlifting Totals

Associate
Ok cheers, will stick to my socks then.
I tend to use the belt as I go up in weight for the last few reps, then it comes off again. I didn't know they were frowned upon for heavy lifting really? See people using all sorts of aids in competitions and stuff.

People really forget the main use of a belt in squats and deadlifts, that is to stop a hernia. If you look at a proper weight lifting belt they are the same thickness all the way round and not the crappy ones with wide back and slime front buckle. More width around the front to protect the stomach.

I never use one for any lifting your core strength should build at the same rate, same goes for leg raps as well. Only use straps on deadlifts cause gym got no chalk and my hands sweat lol.

Dont forget in competitions ie worlds strongest man there lifts are a bit unconventional so they put on belts etc or protection.

Most gyms you will see people putting on belts in the changing rooms before they go into the gym, then mess about with small weights how can that be any good for core strength and stability

Associate
Should probably add my lifts here too. PB=

Squat = 140 kg
Bench = 115 Kg
Dead = 210 Kg

Just getting back into the gym seriously again after a year or so of not really being that bothered (still went just didn't train with any intensity or consistancy, plus haven't really squated or deadlifted in that time either). Currently squat is about 120Kg for 3 but i struggle with flexabilty and long limbs, thats my excuse anyway. Bench i managed 110Kg for 2 reps plus 3 assisted the third being only slightly, might have managed it but it was 50/50. Dead is currently at 180Kg for 3.

Squat and bench should be back to my best within a months or two, hopefully going to push bench to 120Kg. Worth noting i'm currently training to lose some bodyfat, and i weighed 15 stone 10 lb last night before going to bed. Which is around the 100kg mark i think. height last check some years ago at 6'2''

Soldato
After todays early morning squat quad recruitment testing research for a friends dissertation I have a new squat PB :)

I was under strict instructions to squat only to parralell. Something I rarely do as I usually go deeper or ATG. My deep PB stood at 150KG and my parralell squat @84.9KG bodyweight now stands at...

170KG

Which gives me a double bodyweight squat:)

Unfortunatley it was and always has been on a smith due to lack of equipment but never the less I'm a happy chappy. That now brings me 20KG closer to my target of 500KG by the end of the year.

As it stands:

Bodyweight: 84.9KG
Bench: 120KG
Squat: 170KG
Deadlift: 200KG

Total: 490KG

Bench PB is about a year old and deadlift PB is from December.

If you could update my totals please FF:D

PAz

PAz

Soldato
**** sake Benny over taking me :p

gonna have to pull my finger out on the DL and Bench now as the squats won't be going anywhere :)

good lifting though well done

Soldato
**** sake Benny over taking me :p

gonna have to pull my finger out on the DL and Bench now as the squats won't be going anywhere :)

good lifting though well done

:D Thanks. Yeah it's time for me to get my bench back upto speed too I think!

I want to see you smash your bench & DL PB's by the summer!

Man of Honour
Fantastic effort Benny! :cool: :D Duly updated, you've moved up to 16th!! :cool:

I really need to give squat a 1RM session one day. I reckon I've got 200 in me, considering I hit 150 below // for 10+ reps.

Soldato
Thanks.

I've thought you've had 200KG in you for a while now having watched your 180KG x 3 for a few times. Having seen your recent DL PB video too I think your 1rm isn't quite your 1rm. Though I respect the fact you keep the form **** hot which is undeniably important.

Hate the weight. Get slapped. Get under the bar and throw it up through the ceiling! RAAAAAWR!:eek::eek::eek:

Man of Honour
Yeah I think I probably have more in me for DLs. Who knows I might try another 1RM this weekend. I'll see. Not done heavy squats in a while though (though I know 150 for 8-10 reps can be considered heavy for some), and certainly not done any 1RM attempts. The 180s were relatively easy at the time, so I reckon I can get the 200 easily enough I just need to get on with it and do it!

Yeah form for me is absolutely critical. A lot of people have commented on how good my form was considering the weight and the fact it was raw.

I'm loving this turn in strength. I've really nailed my diet better, as is evident from my BF loss, and my training is really on the money at the moment. Though AGVT will be awesome! I can't wait! :D

Soldato
Yeah, I'm just itching to get bulking again!

On a side note my deadlifts today were raw @ 150KG. Capable of holding it but it wasn't really a secure or tight grip. The lifts themselves felt good and strong, considering I haven't deadlifted since december. Room for improvement on the grip though.

Man of Honour
That's one thing I'm really happy with is my grip strength at the moment. The calluses on my hands now are phenomenal! :D I think DLs are just "my" exercise, as are squats. I don't see my bench being particularly amazing ever.

Associate
Not sure whether SOMEONE edited my post as im sure I put NOT gay, but im not just to make sure hahaha! :mad: :D

Think ive digressed slightly :confused: - Good numbers everyone ;)

Back
Top Bottom