OcUK Powerlifting Totals

Associate
Well I scrapped the belt like a few of you suggested and noticed a big improvement! Made me focus a lot more on my form, and once i did that it made the exercises easier. I can also breath properly when i'm going for reps.

I managed a 180 kg dead lift, had more in the tank but my grip started to go. Also did 145kg squat for 3 reps going much deeper than I have previously and that was after a number of warmup and working sets. Very pleased :)

Associate
Woohoo

Got somthing to add to my total's..

New records

152KG Bench
210 Squat (yesterday!! :) :) )
235 Dead (Dead still the same as my lower back/glute is dammaged from clicking the joint, pushing out the bench! - been damaged for 3 months now!)

Think now i can start using it again my dead should come along niceley...

Annoyingly thats 597KG! Total - annoying as my target for last Jan was 600Kg! Damn injury!

Associate
Current PB 145kg Bench previous PB 160kg @106kg
Current PB 202kg Squat previous PB 210kg
Current PB 225kg Deadlift Previous PB 234kg

current lifts@98kg , Alas ive fallen from grace grappling takes up so much of my time now I can't devote so much time to lifting, accumilated nervous fatigue also plays a huge role my currently weaker lifts

Soldato
Some impressive lifts!

Think we need photo evidence with loaves of hovis on the bar :p

Dips + 100 loaves of hovis swinging from the dipping belt! :D

Soldato
Ok finally did some DB Benching for a new max. Screw the bench, only ended up hurting my elbow(Again) somehow...which I probably aggrivated by doing dumbells the yesterday, and will prob do more since it's back today.

Anyway! BW 68Kg

Dumbbell BenchPress 40Kg
Squat 145Kg
Deadlift 170Kg

All raw, no straps or belts. All I need is my liquid chalk :D

Going to aim for 50Kg Dumbbells by end of year, 160 squat and 190 on deadlift. Might push for 200kg on DL but that could be hopefull thinking :p

Associate
:D

I'm going to smash 600kg this year I reckon so bring it on! I need more stimulus to push me!!! :D

Haha - ill race you bud! all i need is 1KG on each lift :) - although 3 weeks ago i could only do 180x3 on the dead but my back is recovering nice now so hopfuly smash it up this week :)

Someone update the front page with my new numbers plz????

once i get a 5 plate squat and 6 plate dead ill get some vids on the go....should be this year i recon :) got a 320KG 18" dead last week so should be there soon :)

Gaz

Last edited:
Associate
You've got a bit of a head start - I don't think it's a fair challenge! :p

I've updated the totals, I'm down to bloody 11th now :(

Going to need to put the work in methinks! ;)

Ahh gutting :) my main issue at the moment is lack of food - im only eating 3-4 times a day - need to get it sorted back to 8 meals weights is going up though now 102KG. Swapping gyms next week - normaly mixes things ups for the good so we shall see!

Man of Honour
200kg squat today - but before I update it I'll post a vid and see if it's justified. I had a spotter but he was just there, no assistance. When I get a copy of the vid I'll post it.

Man of Honour
I've always posted vids of 1RMs this one is a bit touch and go as to whether I get low enough - I haven't reviewed it yet so it might not count! :p I've got it in me though, I should have and could have gone deeper, still - next time I will!! :D

Soldato
Cheers bud. It's a bit difficult to get used to but I normally cross my arms and hold it tight to my shoulders, I find it a lot easier than placing the bar behind my neck. I've recently started using the Hack Squat machine as well due to my inablility to hold the bar behind my neck without pain.
Yeah I hit 120KG on Monday - Was aiming for 3 reps but hit a cold so just made the one with good form. 130KG - Watch out!! :D

I've updated the totals, I'm down to bloody 11th now :(
Try being a measly 23 :(

N19h7m4r3 - You're scaring me, Approx 2KG lighter and rocking a 170KG DL raw :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
Hard to tell really, but from how easily that went up if you went lower you'd still get it anyway I reckon! 200kg is a lot of weight! Awesome:cool:

I know its a newb question, but how does a spotter help in that position?

Back
Top Bottom