OcUK Rogues Gallery (2020)

Caporegime
Ah i wondered who Bouton Aide was. This clarifies things.

Will people stop changing names!
Agreed. It actually ****es me off when people change their names to something completely different. I went from "acme15" to "Acme" but you still know who I am...

People ive become familiar with and have exchanged messages with seemingly disappear off the face of the earth, and any rappor is shattered.

Then some "new" user appears and i dont realise its the same person.

/rant

Soldato
Sometimes people have no choice but to change their username, it's not necessarily because they wanted to

I wasn't always secretspy. I first joined under a different name but I had to ask ocuk to permaban me because my ex at the time was trying to hack various accounts of mine.

Permabanned
OP
I don't feel the need to explain what has gone on in depth, however I am going to post the top layer. Something happened to me, which scared me with a simple few searches linked to this very Forum and other sites.

Due to how quick this google reacts/caches content to search terms this prompted a username change by myself and a lot of content/accounts had to be altered/deleted due to how much info was actually was posted. As a result this made me really think about the content online and triggered me to remove this website/URL promptly for the safety of others / posting photos linking to usernames. It's actually quite scary how much some people on these forums post.

After some thought I decided to remove the website. If someone wanted to take over the site that would be fine but I would no longer be involved in the maintenance of it.

Moving forward I won't be posting as much as I used too and I hope some of you understand.

:)

Soldato
I don't feel the need to explain what has gone on in depth, however I am going to post the top layer. Something happened to me, which scared me with a simple few searches linked to this very Forum and other sites.

Due to how quick this google reacts/caches content to search terms this prompted a username change by myself and a lot of content/accounts had to be altered/deleted due to how much info was actually was posted. As a result this made me really think about the content online and triggered me to remove this website/URL promptly for the safety of others / posting photos linking to usernames. It's actually quite scary how much some people on these forums post.

After some thought I decided to remove the website. If someone wanted to take over the site that would be fine but I would no longer be involved in the maintenance of it.

Moving forward I won't be posting as much as I used too and I hope some of you understand.

Was this related to identity theft? (Did your old forum username contain elements of your real personal details?).

Permabanned
OP
Was this related to identity theft? (Did your old forum username contain elements of your real personal details?).

Close. :) It actually didn't matter if my username contained personal info it was the fact of the shocking amount of results google had with identifiable information it in.

I will give you another example. The "OcUK members map" cache had to also be removed from online. I never designed this but I was in contact with someone who did.

It took me a few days to go through everything to have my info wiped.

I can't get over how much info people on these forums are posting about themselves, very scary.

Soldato
Close. :) It actually didn't matter if my username contained personal info it was the fact of the shocking amount of results google had with identifiable information it in.

I will give you another example. The "OcUK members map" cache had to also be removed from online. I never designed this but I was in contact with someone who did.

It took me a few days to go through everything to have my info wiped.

I can't get over how much info people on these forums are posting about themselves, very scary.

I see. Did you export all your Google info and get a bit freaked out?

Permabanned
OP
Ah, I'm with you now. I hope no lasting damage was done.

Luckily no lasting damage was done. :) I hope.

Now I'm thinking a lot more about it I feel that letting someone take this over would also be a mistake as well so I won't even be handing the code over, won't stop someone else to making the website though.

The website is no longer available, domain has been removed.

Caporegime

Fair game man, not that you needed to clarify anything.

Hope all#s well

Back
Top Bottom