OCUK RR Meet Deux : Revenge is Coming

Permabanned
Originally posted by Conanius
bear - I think we discussed the hubs option? i though the general train of thought was it would just take too long?

andi ^^^ ;)

Originally posted by Dangerous
power engineering web site

North/West London? :(

Located in Middlesex within easy reach of the M25 and M4

not like we have to trawl through london :) Im happy to go anywhere as long as its well known and not in scotland or something.

Soldato
OP
riteo, a few replies so far, nice to see....

The problem I see is this...

people want a different rr because some cars gave odd readings, fair enough. However its finding a suitable location that doesnt do hub readings, and will give a compareable package to us with suitable pub facilities etc etc etc.

Personally, im biased saying cheltenham, so ill try and organise wherever anyone suggests as the majority. I cant see london being any better, if anythin its probably worse ? what id appreciate is a list of RR's people recommend (SO LONG AS ITS WHEELS AND NOT HUB READINGS ;) ) along with possibly someone who knows the area who can recommend a pub....

whats the verdict?

Man of Honour
I think it would make sense if it was at the same place. That way people who have done mods etc can compare it with their previous readings for an accurate performance increase indication.

So I'd be up for it, at Powerstation again.

Soldato
ill be up for it again but wouldnt really wanna go anywhere near london. Powerstation would be good again now as we (kinda) know how to get there and wont have to go getting lost in another town centre!

Man of Honour
I'd be up for it - if this time we could do a little "formation" drive - nothing stupid, no dangerous manoeuvers etc... But it'd be nice to observe each other's cars etc... :)

build up an appetite for a good spot of lunch! :D

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by freefaller2001
I'd be up for it - if this time we could do a little "formation" drive - nothing stupid, no dangerous manoeuvers etc... But it'd be nice to observe each other's cars etc... :)

build up an appetite for a good spot of lunch! :D

id love to do this, but lets be honest, I had to drive back into cheltenham to get a load of you guys because of cheltenhams, erm, interesting traffic setup .... the only way we could do it is id have to plan out a route, split into groups according to performance etc etc and to be honest, thats gonna cause a massive headache, I think the second convoys crawl up the hill followed by the sudden dash halfway up insighted slightly by daveski baiting me into booting it was quite good, but baring that, its gonna be difficult :(

Man of Honour
id love to do this, but lets be honest, I had to drive back into cheltenham to get a load of you guys because of cheltenhams, erm, interesting traffic setup .... the only way we could do it is id have to plan out a route, split into groups according to performance etc etc and to be honest, thats gonna cause a massive headache, I think the second convoys crawl up the hill followed by the sudden dash halfway up insighted slightly by daveski baiting me into booting it was quite good, but baring that, its gonna be difficult :(

yeah I guess... though planning a little route might not be TOO difficult... or start at the named pub or landmark, go for a spin, and meet back there at a certain time if we get split up? but yeah I understand the logistics are quite a nightmare :)

still... thanks again for coming back for us! :o :D still.... it made a good photo with all the cars lined up on the street! ;)

Soldato

You cant blame us for getting lost. No one told us where we were going! I had GPS so if you told me I could have added Guidance

Soldato

aye a group of 4-5 cars with 1 leader per group. With check points to meet up in

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Dangerous
You cant blame us for getting lost. No one told us where we were going! I had GPS so if you told me I could have added Guidance

just because you lacked the torque to pull up that hill quicker..... if you had the 2.0 tdci zetec s with a chip...... ;) :p :D

no matter what rolling road you use there are always going to be people who are not happy with it.

even g-force get slagged for their 27% transmission losses on some 4wd cars.

imo a rolling road day is only good to compare power between cars on that day.

Back
Top Bottom