OCUK RR Meet Deux : Revenge is Coming

Soldato
Originally posted by [TW]Fox
I think it would make sense if it was at the same place. That way people who have done mods etc can compare it with their previous readings for an accurate performance increase indication.

So I'd be up for it, at Powerstation again.

^ I hope to have a few done within this time and I have a standard amount from these so it makes sense to go back here for me.

I know merlin wont go back here but who else is defo NOT going here?

And who would prefer to go back here?

So reply with powerstation or other. And state where and why

Soldato
Originally posted by Ish
no matter what rolling road you use there are always going to be people who are not happy with it.

even g-force get slagged for their 27% transmission losses on some 4wd cars.

imo a rolling road day is only good to compare power between cars on that day.

27% transmission loss for a 4WD isnt that far off ?? As a general rule Ive always known it as 15% for FWD, 17.5% for RWD and 25% for 4WD.

Soldato
I'd be up for another RR day. All of the RR days I've done with the MR2 have been at Powerstation so I'd rather stay there, gives me a good baseline to see how my mods are working (or not)

I hope Rogue Systems hurry up with their chargecooler kit!!

Originally posted by Bear
27% transmission loss for a 4WD isnt that far off ?? As a general rule Ive always known it as 15% for FWD, 17.5% for RWD and 25% for 4WD.

how can they use 27% transmission loss to calculate a @flywheel figure for all 4wd cars when they all have different 4wd systems with different amounts of transmission loss! :confused:

i'm on about g-force and any toher r/r that use the same system of working out a @Fly figure

Soldato
These RR meets sound awesome, and from the videos I've seen on Dangerous's website I would love to come... even if it means getting a performance read out of about 50 bhp :D

Sad thing is, I've not got a license yet, or a car for that matter. Got my test in 2 weeks... so I'll probably come up for the next one!

Can't wait, hope you all have a great time!

Soldato
Originally posted by agw_01
These RR meets sound awesome, and from the videos I've seen on Dangerous's website I would love to come... even if it means getting a performance read out of about 50 bhp :D

Sad thing is, I've not got a license yet, or a car for that matter. Got my test in 2 weeks... so I'll probably come up for the next one!

Can't wait, hope you all have a great time!

You dont have to run your car on the Rolling Road. Just come to spec.

Soldato
Originally posted by Dangerous
You dont have to run your car on the Rolling Road. Just come to spec.

I know I don't have to run, afterall it would be a waste of time running a 1000cc engine on a RR (first car, doh). lol

Soldato
Originally posted by Ish
how can they use 27% transmission loss to calculate a @flywheel figure for all 4wd cars when they all have different 4wd systems with different amounts of transmission loss! :confused:

i'm on about g-force and any toher r/r that use the same system of working out a @fly figure

They cant, I thought it was worked out by the drag while the clutch has been dipped and free wheelling. The 25% or 27% for that matter is an estimate and if the readings have been calculated as 45% for a 4WD then there is something wrong.

If we are both talking about G Force in Aylesbury then I was under the impression they only give at the wheels figures anyway as its the only measurement that actually means anything in the real world.

Soldato
OP
I know I don't have to run, afterall it would be a waste of time running a 1000cc engine on a RR (first car, doh). lol

mate, I ran my 1.8 TDCi Focus on it, I really dont think its gonna matter what car you run if you choose to run one, if I organise all this and end up with a free place for myself it'll just enforce I need to mod it :eek: :D

Soldato
OP

mate, I ran my 1.8 TDCi Focus on it, I really dont think its gonna matter what car you run if you choose to run one, if I organise all this and end up with a free place for myself it'll just enforce I need to mod it :eek: :D

Back
Top Bottom