** OCUK TWITCH STREAM PUBG TOURNAMENT DISCUSSION THREAD **

Soldato
Not just getting some amazing players to come and duke it out on our stream.

*Looks at the 1 post usernames signing up*

giphy.gif

Should have just made it exclusive to forum members signed up before the announced date if you wanted it to be about the OCUK community playing together :(

OcUK Staff
OP
Just waiting for my 4th man but genuinely we are some of the oldest and worst players you will ever see. Literally zero tactics but we will bring the bants. I shall hopefully have us signed up later today. :p

See you in the arena!

*Looks at the 1 post usernames signing up*

Should have just made it exclusive to forum members signed up before the announced date if you wanted it to be about the OCUK community playing together :(

Ah you'll still all be playing together and with some pro players too! The pros being in the mix just means your chances of winning the top prize is less...

Man of Honour
See you in the arena!

Ah you'll still all be playing together and with some pro players too! The pros being in the mix just means your chances of winning the top prize is less...

Let's be honest the chance was almost zero for certain teams anyway :D Right, team 1 Minute Wonders are signed in and ready to go. Email en route :)

Soldato
You'll end up with 90% of the players being nothing to do with the forums.

There may be around 20/30 from here that play regularly but the rest will be from outside. Nature of the beast when you offer prizes for a comp etc.

Soldato
Just waiting for my 4th man but genuinely we are some of the oldest and worst players you will ever see. Literally zero tactics but we will bring the bants. I shall hopefully have us signed up later today. :p
That's encouraging to see, my own team mate saying we are terrible after he asked me to join the team lmao
I am going to train so hard and be so ready for this
(and then die after i land):D

Soldato
You'll end up with 90% of the players being nothing to do with the forums.

There may be around 20/30 from here that play regularly but the rest will be from outside. Nature of the beast when you offer prizes for a comp etc.

Yeah i'm not sure that's really very fair, it should be a minimum post on forums entry, like the free shipping and members market rules. But i'm in whatever.

Inevitably cheaters.

I sincerely hope not

Man of Honour
That's encouraging to see, my own team mate saying we are terrible after he asked me to join the team lmao
I am going to train so hard and be so ready for this
(and then die after i land):D

Tell me where I lied? C'mon out with it! :p You know every word in that was absolutely factual! What we lack in skills we make up for in errrr, things! First man to backflip 360 a house on a bike while simultaneously executing the perfect set of horn beeps imo wins :) This isn't about winning this is about style! Something we have like | | <--- That much of!

Associate
@NikTheSHNIK Could you please explain the qualifiers to me?

• 19:00/19:30 Tuesday 4th September 2018 - Qualifier 1 + 2
  • 19:00/19:30 Thursday 6th September 2018 - Qualifier 3 + 4

1. Does that mean there are a total of 4 qualifying games?
    2. If so, does the team have to participate in all 4 games in order to qualify?
    3. Is a points based system with kills and placement points used, or is based entirely on placement alone?
    4. What are the terms and conditions if one of the team members can't make it to either of the 4 qualifiers? Can the team proceed with 3 players?

Thanks a lot for your time!

OcUK Staff
OP
@NikTheSHNIK Could you please explain the qualifiers to me?

• 19:00/19:30 Tuesday 4th September 2018 - Qualifier 1 + 2
  • 19:00/19:30 Thursday 6th September 2018 - Qualifier 3 + 4

3. Is a points based system with kills and placement points used, or is based entirely on placement alone?
    4. What are the terms and conditions if one of the team members can't make it to either of the 4 qualifiers? Can the team proceed with 3 players?

Thanks a lot for your time!

• 4 BO1 Qualifiers. Each team will only participate in 1 Qualifier.
  • see above
  • Placement alone. There is a prize for most kills, also bounties on the OcUK/Steelseries team in the heats. Kill them, receive a Rival 110.
  • If someone on your team drops out you can occupy the slot given with the remaining team members (no subs though and you had to have played in one of the qualifiers to play in the final).

Caporegime
so communityu comp with ringers not from teh community playing.my oh my. who dreams this up ? why not just have forums members from here taking part.maybe just maybe those from here who play everyday post here everyday ? thats ocuk community . not some pro ringers brought it for the comp. glad im not in this. seriously sort it out.

Soldato
so communityu comp with ringers not from teh community playing.my oh my. who dreams this up ? why not just have forums members from here taking part.maybe just maybe those from here who play everyday post here everyday ? thats ocuk community . not some pro ringers brought it for the comp. glad im not in this. seriously sort it out.
proper promotion of this is going to bring new faces....can't complain about lack of promotion then complain louder when promotion brings new players.......who specifically is a pro ringer?

OcUK Staff
OP

We've ran forum only ones in the recent past. We'll be running others in the future.

We are feeling out the best ways to run these things as we are all new to this. Chill, and keep an eye out for the next Forums only one to take part in if you wish to.

Associate
  • 4 BO1 Qualifiers. Each team will only participate in 1 Qualifier.
  • see above
  • Placement alone. There is a prize for most kills, also bounties on the OcUK/Steelseries team in the heats. Kill them, receive a Rival 110.
  • If someone on your team drops out you can occupy the slot given with the remaining team members (no subs though and you had to have played in one of the qualifiers to play in the final).

@NikTheSHNIK Thank you for the thorough answers, I appreciate it. So this means that we can choose which day of the qualifiers we want to participate in, correct? Either 4th or 6th of September? Appreciate it once again!

Back
Top Bottom