OcUK Ultima Mammoth - New System Project

Associate
Who comes up with the names for these machines? Mammoth? Spinosaur? Deathwing?

WTF.

Atleast give it a neat name like Blackhawk, Genesis, Warhead, Carbon, "Sub Zero" ...

Man of Honour
Are you going to avoid i5 2500K and i7 2600K chips because they're quite common in builds?

I hope so, they are so passe. A nice SR2 or 990X would be better.

Are you going to avoid Asus and Gigabyte boards due to their popularity?

They so should, go for EVGA or at least a more exotic version, but definitely avoid Gigabyte.. bleh so bland

Are you going to be avoiding EK watercooling parts due to them being very common watercooling components?

Or just because they are crap maybe? Go AT or Bitspower or anything except EK please!

How about DDC and D5 pumps?

No one gives a rats ass about pumps really, although something extreme in the dual pump might be nice D5's are overrated imho, go for the DDC's

See, told you that was gonna come across as me being awkward :)

Me too? :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Updates on how we are doing with this are immanent, :D

The full spec is to Follow, more details on this as we build the system up.

is it going to have bitspower fittings throughout?

We are using 7/16" compressions for sure, they may be EK but we may use the Bitspower part depending on availability.

also with bitfenix extensions?

Yes we plan to use Bitfenix extensions with this system.

OcUK Staff
OP
Are those Black Ice GT Stealths in the front?
What 280mm rad is up top?
Where those Sharkoon Silent Eagle fans?

All very original and never been used before...

I was going for sarcastic this time :D

Yeah the rads in the front are GT Stealth's as is the 280 in the top and yes they are silent eagle fans.

It's more the case that we were focusing on using something that is new and hasn't been watercooled a 1000 times before. All the watercooling components that we will be using are proven components, we aren't trying to re-invent the wheel here just offer something that we haven't before! :)

Soldato
Looking good so far, always interesting to see wc going into one of the more unusual case.

Out of interest though, any reason you chose those 360 rads and not thicker ones? looks like there is plenty of room for thicker ones to fit.

OcUK Staff
OP
Looking good so far, always interesting to see wc going into one of the more unusual case.

Out of interest though, any reason you chose those 360 rads and not thicker ones? looks like there is plenty of room for thicker ones to fit.

Yes glad you asked, as you rightly point out we could go for the larger capacity rads rather than the stealth's, however we are planning to mount the pump between the two rads at the bottom of the case.

Soldato
Yeah the rads in the front are GT Stealth's as is the 280 in the top and yes they are silent eagle fans.

It's more the case that we were focusing on using something that is new and hasn't been watercooled a 1000 times before. All the watercooling components that we will be using are proven components, we aren't trying to re-invent the wheel here just offer something that we haven't before! :)

So you're just trying to pick a case that hasn't been used 100 times before but everything else is gonna be pretty bog standard?

Why didn't you use the XSPC H1 Cube, that's not really a commonly seen case and supports 5 triple rads. Also surely it would be quicker to produce in a case that didn't need modding every time someone ordered one (but I guess this wont be cheap enough that too many will be buying them at the same time)? And it'd be more expandable for the end user.

Or is this just you guys having a bit of a play rather than coming up with a new pre-built PC system for sale on overclockers?

Still, should be interesting and depending on how standard the rest of the build is it might give some people ideas for their next build.

Back
Top Bottom