OCuk using tricks to bump up prices?

Associate
I was looking at some dustfilter priced at 16.99, then i added it to my basket, and the price was bumped up to 17,70.. This made me lift my eyebrows, so i started to investigate my Pe, and i don't really feel great about my findings.

Monsoon
MMRS D5 Pump Cover - White : price on page 33.95. in the basket 35.36 1.41 xtra

1m PETG tubing - price on page 4.95, in the basket 5.20 (x2) .50 xtra

Silicone bending insert - price on page 3.49, in the basket 3.64 .15 xtra

XSPC bend/cut kit - price on page 14.99, in the basket 15.61 .62 xtra

Dustend G2 filter - price on page 16.99, in the basket 17.70 .71 xtra

an extra 3.39 GBP added to the price on top of the advertised prices.. what is that about??

It's some small subtle pricejumps, but even on a small order like i was planning it's almost a 5% mark up of the prices, and with prices advertised as including the vat, what are theese pricejumps covering? and why are they being sneaked in like that?

I have screenshots if anyone should be interested, didn't bother to upload, but can provide if anyone want to see them.

Soldato
Are you sure you're not looking at delivery?

I've just added the MMRS D5 pump to my basket and it's showing the same price?

Associate
OP
delivery is another 22.34 GBP and is a post by itself... If delivery was only 3.39 i would just be happy and not wondering.. What got me wondering was the fact that all prices got bumped up just a little once added to the basket.

Soldato
untitled.png

You wouldn't happen to be changing the country of destination would you.

Man of Honour
Not sure what is going on there - I've add a couple of those items and they are showing the same prices as on the page and the same as you list on the left.

EDIT: Ah looks like its based on your destination country - selecting Denmark for instance gives the same prices as you list also ROI has some different prices.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The vat here is 25%, so i guess that's what makes the last 5%.. Just weird they don't make some sort of info about that.. More people than me might find it odd that prices are upped with no explanation :D

Associate
Yeah that would figure it, our VAT rate is 20% so the price ex-vat is around £28.30 and when you apply 25% vat rate to that you end up with £35.38 or there about.

Maybe if you're logged into the site when you're shopping and the address is set it might display the correct prices on the site before getting to the basket step?

Back
Top Bottom