1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

OcUK vs Others

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by aliensid, 15 May 2006.

1. aliensid

Associate

When it comes to graphics cards, what are the differences between the cheaper OcUK ones, and the named brand ones? Do the OcUK ones come without box, cables and so forth?

2. BubbySoup

Mobster

They come in kit form.

The instructions to put them together are very clear though.

3. MeatLoaf

Capodecina

LOL!! The ocuk cards are fully retail boxed cards. My Ocuk 7900GT is a Galaxy brand card. Before that my Ocuk 7800GT was an Inno3D branded card :)

4. Ender

Hitman

ditto to that, my old ocuk card was also a old connect one i think :)

5. benjo

Capodecina

I thought some of these cards knocking about were lower clocked cheaper
    ones?

6. BubbySoup

Mobster

Yep. I'm imagining there comes a point when you have enough buying power to buy up a load of cards from a manufacturer with some kind of deal to re-badge them as your own.

There are only a handful of companies I can think of that carry self named products in the graphics segment.

7. Darkwave

Capodecina

My old OCuk 6600GT was a Chaintech, fully boxed with all cables and manuals etc. :)

8. easyrider

Caporegime

basically with regards to the 7900 GT's and GTX they all use the same PCB all clock the same as far as I have seen.

They just have differnt badged coolers.

If in the market for a new card the OCUK ones are as good as any.But the warranty is 1yr rather tha lifeteime with the BFG and 3 yr with the asus.

Warranty differs and the pre overclocked bios's but thats about it.

9. MeatLoaf

Capodecina

Yeah both the 7800GT and 7900GT came with reference clocks

10. reddeathdrinker

Wise Guy

My OcUK 7900GT is an XFX card, comes with the XFX manuals and driver disc :)

11. Mundu

Mobster

My 7800GTX was a POV card. CAme with everything, all vivo cables and everything else I needed. Shame I really haven't taken full advantage of it. :(

12. Jimbo Mahoney

Soldato

My old X850XT was badged OcUK, but when it arrived, it was a full Powercolor retail one :D