OCUK world exclusive - New Jaguar XKR - 56K no

Soldato
Bennah said:
I say do it, j/k. Working for Lotus and Jaguar must be a dream :D

Unfortunately I'm not actually a Lotus employee these days (I still work here but I was contracted out) which means I can't get as close to the cool stuff as I used to be able to. For example this week the Lotus staff have been to a briefing where they got to have a look at the new Esprit replacement in the syling studio whilst I had to stay in my office :(

Zip

Zip

Soldato
kaiowas said:
Unfortunately I'm not actually a Lotus employee these days (I still work here but I was contracted out) which means I can't get as close to the cool stuff as I used to be able to. For example this week the Lotus staff have been to a briefing where they got to have a look at the new Esprit replacement in the syling studio whilst I had to stay in my office :(

May i ask how you got that job of yours :D

Suspended
I think I posted some pics of one I'd seen on the M6 a few weeks back, maybe not though. So here you go.

image033small9jq.jpg

image034small7pa.jpg

Suspended
kaiowas said:
Obviously can't speak for Jaguar but at Lotus cameras are tightly controlled. All visitors must leave any camera equipment (including mobiles with cameras) with security. It's only quite recently that staff have been allowed to bring camera phones on site and even then if anyone is caught using it (for anything at all) they'll be disciplined.

If I was to take pics and post them on the internet I'd expect to lose my job if I was found out.
It's the same at every factory I've been to (all three of them, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini and Ferrari) and understandably so.

Don't know why though, they're all identical save for the cars :D

Soldato
Zip said:
May i ask how you got that job of yours :D

I got a degree in Automotive engineering at Loughborough Uni then applied which got me into the company as a powertrain engineer (overseeing tests on new engines under development) although these days I do IT related stuff.

Soldato
Just noticed the length of the arial. Looking at the back window and the high back end, reminds me of a Camaro. The circular lights at the back, look odd compared to the others that go around the side. could have made them the same colour at least. They wouldnt stand out as much then.

Soldato
I was driving my Dolly about a few weeks back in Coventry, on the way out of Cov I got flanked by two of these, although one was wearing no camoflage - one was green, other was dark metallic blue.

Both very nice looking cars in the flesh, certainly seemed well trimmed inside too. We were all respecting the brit-ness of the moment :p

Soldato
I got to sit in the coupe last week, was being valeted for my local Jaguar garage. Still had all the plastic etc on it, was a stunning looking and sounding car. I think it looks better than the baby aston!!!

Man of Honour
BigT said:
Does that sound like a good time for laping the 'ring? I remember Evo looking to break 8 moinutes in a previous generation M3 so I was not that impressed

Evo failed in their aim, and that was not just a previous gen M3 it was a stripped out heavily uprated one..

Back
Top Bottom