OCUK's new website

Caporegime
The new store is a bit too busy for my liking, it looks cluttered and the silver buttons going horizontally near the top of the page looks like something I would've designed in Fireworks when I was 15.

Soldato
Really have tried, but it's horrible. Honestly don't think I'll order from here again.

Old site was a joy to use, a bit outdated in appearance but extremely functional.

Soldato
Placed an order this afternoon but it just felt clunky compared to the old site.

I think it's already been pointed out as well but if you have a different shipping address to the billing address you need to put it in again at the payment stage, not just when you initially order.

The search feature is still useless as well :(

Associate
I have to agree with most people that the new layout feels a bit cluttered and harder on the eye, though it's not the worst thing in the world and is still usable.

Why's the 'This Week Only Deals' page been refined into product categories?
Having to click into each type of product one by one is going to reduce the number of people spotting the deals and jumping on them.

I'm hugely an impulse buyer so being able to scroll through all of the week's deals on a single page made it much more tempting to pick something up.

Soldato
Tried to order some stuff but just gave up... >.>

First the new search funtion decided that "g1/4" needed changing to "g1 4" to ensure I couldn't find anything relevant. Then the checkout failed to add my free shipping and I couldn't figure out how to fix it.

Soldato
I'm not a hater, but, after trying it a bit more, I find I don't browse as much as I did with the old site, which means there's probably less chance of me clicking 'buy' on something.
Maybe it's a case of just being used to the old website, but with this one it doesn't feel so easy to find things.

OcUK Staff
I have to agree with most people that the new layout feels a bit cluttered and harder on the eye, though it's not the worst thing in the world and is still usable.

Why's the 'This Week Only Deals' page been refined into product categories?
Having to click into each type of product one by one is going to reduce the number of people spotting the deals and jumping on them.

I'm hugely an impulse buyer so being able to scroll through all of the week's deals on a single page made it much more tempting to pick something up.

This is still possible:
1. Click This Week Only under OcUK Extra on the left.
2. Then go to finder and click all products.
3. Change items per page to 196

Takes seconds and then you can easily view all the products on TWO and even sort them into a price range or by brand or type.

New site has a lot more power functions once you get used to it. :)

Soldato
Been looking at the new site and i like it quite a bit. So easy to navigate to me anyway. Nice and modern looking too. As i have stated, i have ordered from it a few times this week with no issues.

Any teething issues will soon get sorted.

Back
Top Bottom