Oculus Quest 2 - My graphics card doesn't have a USB - C port for oculus link?

Associate
I was looking at the details for the new Quest 2 and how you can connect it to a PC with the oculus link cable. Unfortunately my graphics card doesn't have a USB-C connection, just HDMI and Displayport. My motherboard does have USB 3.2 gen 2 type A & C ports but I've heard you should always plug these display type devices straight into the GPU. Oculus support said that they don't recommend connecting it to the motherboard too. Can anyone advise me what to do or what my options are?

In addition to this will the oculus link allow me to play all rift S games on the Quest 2? Oculus support didn't give me a clear answer on this one.

And finally could I also connect it using hotspot from my PC or generally through my WIFI network (my router isn't great and doesn't give off a separate 5Ghx frequency)? I read a thread on this saying that hotspotting isn't recommended.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
I was looking at the details for the new Quest 2 and how you can connect it to a PC with the oculus link cable. Unfortunately my graphics card doesn't have a USB-C connection, just HDMI and Displayport. My motherboard does have USB 3.2 gen 2 type A & C ports but I've heard you should always plug these display type devices straight into the GPU. Oculus support said that they don't recommend connecting it to the motherboard too. Can anyone advise me what to do or what my options are?

In addition to this will the oculus link allow me to play all rift S games on the Quest 2? Oculus support didn't give me a clear answer on this one.

And finally could I also connect it using hotspot from my PC or generally through my WIFI network (my router isn't great and doesn't give off a separate 5Ghx frequency)? I read a thread on this saying that hotspotting isn't recommended.

Thanks in advance.

Hot spot is not recommended for best performance, but in your case if your router doesn't have 5ghz then it might be better than what you have until you feel like getting a better router

Oculus Link works via any USB, the faster the better, USB-C ports on GPU's were for Virtual Link but the oculus does not support virtual link, so any USB port will do (usually either blue or red on most motherboards), I don't know why oculus support would tell you not to use a port on your motherboard as that's actually the only way it works.

Associate
OP
Thanks everyone, i did think it was a bit odd as after a quick look GPU's with a USB-C they are usually very expensive and on the higher end of capacity.

Back
Top Bottom