*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Is it better than the Doom 3 mod that came out before?

It's a native Quest port, so it's not as good as the Fully Possessed PC mod. The main difference is lack of real-time shadows.

However, it does incorporate a lot of the features of the PC mod, including touch operated screens, IK body and arms (which seems a little broken right now), and torch in one hand with the gun in the other.

If you have a PC and a wireless/link connection then maybe the PC mod might be better, but I had lots of issues with the save games becoming corrupt and losing progress in the PC version.

Soldato
It's a native Quest port, so it's not as good as the Fully Possessed PC mod. The main difference is lack of real-time shadows.

However, it does incorporate a lot of the features of the PC mod, including touch operated screens, IK body and arms (which seems a little broken right now), and torch in one hand with the gun in the other.

If you have a PC and a wireless/link connection then maybe the PC mod might be better, but I had lots of issues with the save games becoming corrupt and losing progress in the PC version.

I tested it out since asking the question. It's pretty good actually. The arms are funny when you look in the mirror in the bathroom lol. The PC mod was very buggy. But this seems to be work ok. The only real issue I am having is that sometimes when you go to press a button the animation hasn't completed and it doesn't register.

Associate
The issue I've had with Doom 3 on Quest is the menu system is virtually impossible to use. Trying to get it to save progress is brutal, loading is a bit easier. This is a problem because the game is currently unstable and crashes frequently, losing your progress.

I do want to try classic Doom next. Still to configure it.

Soldato
The issue I've had with Doom 3 on Quest is the menu system is virtually impossible to use. Trying to get it to save progress is brutal, loading is a bit easier. This is a problem because the game is currently unstable and crashes frequently, losing your progress.

Yeah the mouse cursor is broken - try moving it to the top of the screen first, that seems to make it better.

BTW, you can quicksave by moving your left controller out of view of the headset (e.g. behind your back), and then pressing the X button. Saves (no pun intended) messing around with the menus.

Associate
Yeah the mouse cursor is broken - try moving it to the top of the screen first, that seems to make it better.

BTW, you can quicksave by moving your left controller out of view of the headset (e.g. behind your back), and then pressing the X button. Saves (no pun intended) messing around with the menus.

Thanks!

Soldato
Bought Fit XR. Can see why it has its fans, but not my cup of tea (not at £22.99, anyway). The constant reminders that it was a "fitness class" and not a game did the opposite of motivating me :p

Refunded and got Thrill of the Fight instead. Much more like it (and only £7.99). After two fights I was dripping with sweat and my arms felt like lead :D Might nab Synth Riders as well, as I've had a lot of mileage out of the demo.

Underboss
Is there something which says which ones are more difficult than others? I'll give that a go.
Oh, actually I did just about pass Commercial Pumping on expert with rank C!

Edit: Just tested the IPD setting, I think I'm right inbetween 63 and 68 as there's very little between the two settings. Can't tell which one is better.

hang on, youve just got this and already on Expert ?

look out @Unseul :D :D

Soldato
hang on, youve just got this and already on Expert ?

look out @Unseul :D :D

Haha I played a lot of the dance mat games and Guitar Hero, so I guess although not the same, it has probably helped!
I'm finding expert with slower modifier better/more fun than hard with faster modifier as there's not enough blocks with hard.
Really enjoyed the Crab Rave song. Had to go into practise mode for a little while but finished expert (normal speed) with a B rank, so pretty happy with that.

For custom songs, I read a tutorial that says to use BMBF/Beast Saber, is that the method you lot are using?

Soldato
I really enjoyed crab rave but the quick bit killed me a lot on expert. Funnily enough now on expert+ for other levels i can imagine it being rather straight forward.

Should try it on expert+ i guess.

Soldato
Played about an hour of Doom3Quest today. It's really good. Doom 3 is still one of those games that I get very tense playing :) Alien Isolation and Alien Vs Predator 1 and 2(the ones released in 1999 and 2001) are the other games that scare the bejaysus out of me!!

Soldato
Going to be moving house soon. Upside; I'm getting a study. Downside; the rooms are all smaller, so I'm not sure I'll have much space for VR. Might have to wall mount as much as possible in the garage so I can keep the floor clear :p

Back
Top Bottom