*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Going to be moving house soon. Upside; I'm getting a study. Downside; the rooms are all smaller, so I'm not sure I'll have much space for VR. Might have to wall mount as much as possible in the garage so I can keep the floor clear :p

Hoping to move in the next 6-12 months myself, now I'm trying to surreptitiously look for places that will have plenty of room :D, it's not easy within budget though :(.

Soldato
Issue is, there's no way that I'll be able to convince anyone that my office needs to be the biggest room in the house, so I'll be relying on VD :D.

Exactly the problem.

I'm pondering whether I could sell the missus on the idea of the "office" actually being a "grown-ups" living room/office, so that the "living room" can be turned in to a dedicated toddler play room (which then just happens to have plenty of space for VR, once all the toys are tidied away in the evening). That might just work :p

Underboss
Exactly the problem.

I'm pondering whether I could sell the missus on the idea of the "office" actually being a "grown-ups" living room/office, so that the "living room" can be turned in to a dedicated toddler play room (which then just happens to have plenty of space for VR, once all the toys are tidied away in the evening). That might just work :p

or offer your misses out to people, to pay for an extension ! ;) :D

Underboss
not sure what you mean

usb-c's are USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gb/s)

I actually tested in in front and back usb c ports, also tested it with a usb-c to usb-a adaptor, i get a constant 2.9, nothing else

previous computer was anywhere from 1.9 to 2.3

Soldato
Getting to the end of the story with my USB3 issues, RMA time for my Quest. Support have got back to me with RMA details and they will send me out a replacement.

Soldato
Folks... can I ask about the ghost rays phenmomenon.
Is it natural on the Q2? If I shift my gaze to the outer edges the writing is always blurier and hazier.

Is this normal or should be PIN SHARP all way round?

Soldato
Folks... can I ask about the ghost rays phenmomenon.
Is it natural on the Q2? If I shift my gaze to the outer edges the writing is always blurier and hazier.

Is this normal or should be PIN SHARP all way round?

It's normal. Some headset types are worse, others are slightly better, but all exhibit this to some degree. Quest 2 is by no means the worse.

The clearest lenses are on the Index, but this comes with the problem of horrendous lens glare.

Back
Top Bottom