*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Finally got it in and set up, was surprised to see my WIDMOVR prescription lenses fit perfectly and work great and even with the glasses spacer in the FOV still feels a little bigger than the Rift S and can't see the edge of the screen on the widest IPD setting.

Soldato
Finally got it in and set up, was surprised to see my WIDMOVR prescription lenses fit perfectly and work great and even with the glasses spacer in the FOV still feels a little bigger than the Rift S and can't see the edge of the screen on the widest IPD setting.

I think the Go, Rift S, Quest 1, and Quest 2 all use the same shape lens cups, so the lenses will fit. The only thing to watch out for is the Rift S and Go had fixed IPD's but the Quest 1 and 2 have Variable IPD, so that may cause focus issues if the lenses are designed for a fixed IPD and you use them on a variable IPD headset.

Soldato
I think the Go, Rift S, Quest 1, and Quest 2 all use the same shape lens cups, so the lenses will fit. The only thing to watch out for is the Rift S and Go had fixed IPD's but the Quest 1 and 2 have Variable IPD, so that may cause focus issues if the lenses are designed for a fixed IPD and you use them on a variable IPD headset.
I'm not having any issues with focus with them so far, ended up picking up this head strap and case package for £36
pe5Oj1e.jpg

And just ordered the AMVR 7 in 1 complete facial interface replacement, spent a bit more than i had anticipated but the stock facial interface is just too narrow and uncomfortable for me.

Underboss
just had an email from Oculus with a warning about there foam facial interface covers

We're getting in touch to let you know how we're responding to reports from a very small percentage of users who've experienced skin irritation where the foam portion of the Quest 2 removable foam facial interface rests on the skin. This is an extension of our existing replacement facial interface campaign which was launched in December 2020.

The health and comfort of every customer is our top priority. We have been working with regulators and evolving our manufacturing process over the past months, and we are now offering a free silicone cover to Quest 2 headset, Quest 2 facial interface accessory and Quest 2 fit pack owners. To request a free silicone cover click or tap "Go to My Devices" and follow the quick steps. All you need is your account login details, your serial number and an address in a supported country for delivery. You don't have to return your headset or removable foam facial interface to receive a Quest 2 silicone cover. To learn more about these actions or the Quest 2 silicone cover, please refer to the included links.

Thank you for being a Quest 2 customer. We remain dedicated to creating safe and unbelievable experiences for all.

Permabanned
I did say that the Quest 2 has the worst face cover ever, it made my face swell up, somewhat like had been in a cage fight. Oculus best hope people don't take them to court. Cheap company.

Soldato
I did say that the Quest 2 has the worst face cover ever, it made my face swell up, somewhat like had been in a cage fight. Oculus best hope people don't take them to court. Cheap company.

They'd already stated that it was made within safety standards, so assuming they weren't lying, I don't see anyone taking them to court successfully. Especially as they offered free facial interfaces pretty soon on, and are now doubling down with free covers too.

Permabanned
They'd already stated that it was made within safety standards, so assuming they weren't lying, I don't see anyone taking them to court successfully. Especially as they offered free facial interfaces pretty soon on, and are now doubling down with free covers too.

I see, then those safety standards need changing.

The other issue with the Quest 2 is that strap that goes over the head , it feels like ones in some mental asylum with it on. It is just exceptionally uncomfortable. That with the hard face covering pressing on the eye socket and the plastic digging in can't be good. They need to be gentle.

They need to focus on a more comfortable fit out of the box. And disconnect the Facebook account requirement.

Soldato
I see, then those safety standards need changing.

The other issue with the Quest 2 is that strap that goes over the head , it feels like ones in some mental asylum with it on. It is just exceptionally uncomfortable. That with the hard face covering pressing on the eye socket and the plastic digging in can't be good. They need to be gentle.

They need to focus on a more comfortable fit out of the box. And disconnect the Facebook account requirement.

Sounds like you're not wearing it properly to be honest...

Permabanned
Sounds like you're not wearing it properly to be honest...

I wish I weren't wearing it correctly.

Also I don't get the earphones, I like that you don't have anything on your ears but the quality, can the quality and loudness be increased, other than the toggle button on the headset?

Permabanned
While i found the stock interface pretty uncomfortable i didn't have any issues with irritation, i quickly replace the interface with the AMVR one anyway.

That face cover also gets sweaty real fast, some people might have got it sweaty, daily and then the irritation kicks in, as the sweaty foam is pressing tight on the face so harshly.

Back
Top Bottom