** OCULUS QUEST 2 VR HEADSET AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW **

OcUK Staff
Hi all,

So big Zuck has pulled the trigger announced the pre-order availability of the new Oculus Quest 2.

These are going to fly out so to avoid disappointment get a pre-order on now. We should be shipping orders from the release date on the 13th October.

I'll have the accessory listings tomorrow and live here for pre-order too (will update this post). Just waiting on a few more pieces of info.

Check them out below and let us know what you think!

Oculus Quest 2 is our most advanced all-in-one VR system yet. Every detail has been engineered to make virtual worlds adapt to your movements, letting you explore awe-inspiring games and experiences with unparalleled freedom. No PC or console required.

Get the most out of each moment with blazing-fast performance and next-generation graphics. Stay focused with a stunning display that features 50% more pixels than the original Quest. Or take a break from the action and grab front-row seats to live concerts, exclusive events and more. The redesigned Touch controllers feature improved ergonomics and intuitive controls that transport your gestures, motions and actions directly into VR.

You can even connect your VR headset to a gaming-compatible computer with an Oculus Link cable to access hundreds of PC VR games and experiences. Quest 2 also lets you bring your friends into the action. With live casting, you can share your VR experience with people around you. Or meet up with friends in virtual worlds to battle in multiplayer competitions or just spend some time together. With Oculus Quest 2, there’s no end in sight to what you can play, create and discover in virtual reality. Oculus Link Cable sold separately.

Oculus Quest 2 Advanced All-In-One Virtual Reality Headset - 256GB (301-00361-01) @ £399.95 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/detail/index/sArticle/87440

Oculus Quest 2 is our most advanced all-in-one VR system yet. No PC or console needed. Explore an expansive library of awe-inspiring games and immersive experiences with unparalleled freedom.

Only £399.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Oculus Quest 2 Advanced All-In-One Virtual Reality Headset - 64GB (301-00360-01) @ £299.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/detail/index/sArticle/87439

Oculus Quest 2 is our most advanced all-in-one VR system yet. No PC or console needed. Explore an expansive library of awe-inspiring games and immersive experiences with unparalleled freedom.

Only £299.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

OcUK Staff
OP
Bundles/accessories below.

Everything should be available on launch apart from "Elite Bundle" and "Carry Case" which look to be delayed.

Otherwise should be healthy stock of everything else including 64Gb/256GB headsets for the 13/10/2020

Oculus 256GB Quest 2 Advanced Virtual Reality Headset and PC Link Cable Bundle - **DISCOUNTED** @ £469.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Ocul...C-Link-Cable-Bundle-DISCOUNTED-BU-003-OR.html

Bundle includes:, 1xOculus Quest 2 Advanced All-In-One Virtual Reality Headset - 256GB (301-00361-01), 1xOculus Link Virtual Reality Headset Cable for Quest 2 and Quest 5 m (16ft)

Only £469.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Oculus 64GB Quest 2 Advanced Virtual Reality Headset and PC Link Cable Bundle - **DISCOUNTED** @ £369.95 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Ocul...C-Link-Cable-Bundle-DISCOUNTED-BU-002-OR.html

Bundle includes:, 1xOculus Quest 2 Advanced All-In-One Virtual Reality Headset - 64GB (301-00360-01), 1xOculus Link Virtual Reality Headset Cable for Quest 2 and Quest, 5 m (16ft)

Only £369.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Oculus Link Virtual Reality Headset Cable for Quest 2 and Quest – 5 m (16 ft) – PC VR (301-00311-01) @ £88.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Ocul...t-5-m-16-ft-PC-VR-301-00311-01-VR-00K-OR.html

Oculus Link Virtual Reality Headset Cable for Quest 2 and Quest, 5 m (16ft)

Only £88.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Oculus Quest 2 Elite Strap With Battery and Carrying Case for Enhanced Comfort and Playtime in VR (301-00370-01) @ £118.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Ocul...d-Comfort-and-Playtime-in-VR-3-VR-00N-OR.html

Premium hard strap offers increased stability and ergonomics, Built-in battery extends your playtime, Flexible brace cradles your head for enhanced comfort during longer sessions

Only £118.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Oculus Quest 2 Fit Pack with Two Alternative-width Facial Interfaces and Light Blockers - VR (301-00374-01) @ £38.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Ocul...s-and-Light-Blockers-VR-301-00-VR-00M-OR.html

Interchangeable facial interfaces allow you to find your ideal fit

Only £38.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Oculus Quest 2 Elite Strap for Enhanced Support and Comfort in VR (301-00375-01) @ £48.95 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Ocul...and-Comfort-in-VR-301-00375-01-VR-00L-OR.html

Premium hard strap enhances stability and ergonomics while playing

Only £48.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Oculus Quest 2 Carrying Case for Lightweight, Portable Protection – VR Oculus (301-00369-01) @ £48.95 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Ocul...tection-VR-Oculus-301-00369-01-VR-00J-OR.html

Oculus Quest 2 Carrying Case for Lightweight, Portable Protection – VR Oculus

Only £48.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
bought the 256gb and the elite strap with battery + case....

however your elite strap with battery and case - doesn't actually show the case in the pictures or talk about it in the description which worries me because I'm now thinking is there some crappier version of the quest 2 carrying case that I don't know about??

either way - shut up and take my money.

dee

dee

Associate
I'm new to even considering VR but was about the go for the Rift s.....would I be better with this? Read just now that FB considering killing off the Rift s next year and that you can also tether the Quest 2 to your PC........anyone give me some more info on this? Can you use it for gaming on the PC? I'm interested in the likes of ETS2 and some racing sims - also MSFS2 when it's VR enabled.

Thanks for any help.

Associate
I'm new to even considering VR but was about the go for the Rift s.....would I be better with this? Read just now that FB considering killing off the Rift s next year and that you can also tether the Quest 2 to your PC........anyone give me some more info on this? Can you use it for gaming on the PC? I'm interested in the likes of ETS2 and some racing sims - also MSFS2 when it's VR enabled.

Thanks for any help.

Yeah don't even consider the rift at this point.

Even now, it's an early adopters market. I'm buying this with the idea that it ties me over for 2 generations and even then it's only likely to be 2-3 years

Soldato

Thanks for any help.

All depends on how powerful your pc is. Quest 2 is near 4k and will need a 3080 min to power it by reviews. Im sticking with my rift s, made for pcvr

Soldato
All depends on how powerful your pc is. Quest 2 is near 4k and will need a 3080 min to power it by reviews. Im sticking with my rift s, made for pcvr

There will be different performance settings for Link, but it will always require more peformance to drive than a dedicated PC headset due to the encoding/decoding overhead.

Soldato

You can reduce the super sampling to a point your PC can run it and the image will always be better than the rift S due to less SDE

No idea what the latency is like yet though

Soldato
You can reduce the super sampling to a point your PC can run it and the image will always be better than the rift S due to less SDE

No idea what the latency is like yet though

On the original Quest I didn't really notice the latency when using Link (even though I know it was there). In Virtual Desktop the latency was noticable, though apparently this has been improved in the latest version and should also be better on the Quest 2.

Soldato

Thanks for any help.
By the time you've bought the Quest 2, Elite head strap to make it comfortable and link cable you're in Reverb G2 price territory, you're better off getting the Reverb G2.

Associate
By the time you've bought the Quest 2, Elite head strap to make it comfortable and link cable you're in Reverb G2 price territory, you're better off getting the Reverb G2.
not really, still several hundred pound difference, also the difference between a fully tethered headset and a headset that can be used fully wireless even for PCVR games.
Also 3rd party link cables can be bought for £15 and are pretty much the same in visual quality at the moment,

Associate
many youtubers are running it with 2070 cards and below and have no issues. that is pure rubbsh that it will need a 3080 lol. where on Earth have you heard that? the minimum specs for link on quest 2 is still a 1060. it may be near 4k, but the graphics in games are often far below AAA pc titles.

G2 has higher resolution and requires a 1080...

Associate
I've pre-ordered the 64GB, as it will be used for my travels and PCVR. Wireless VR with this res screen is a game changer.

I've owned many HMD's and sold my latest HMD, HP Reverb G1 over 4 months ago. So it will be interesting to see what the Quest 2 is like to compare against it.

Comparing a £299 HDM to the likes of a £600 and £900, it seems to do pretty well. (Obviously the G2 is in a league of it's own, especially when you consider the compression over USB, rather than having a dedicated Displayport connector).

Associate
On the quest 2 it looks like it's waaaaay over saturated in the blues to the point white is light blue, it's really apparent in the text example

Soldato
Whilst you may need to sign all your privacy and data rights away to Zuckerberg it's hard to argue with the value proposition of the Quest 2 at only £300

Soldato
On the quest 2 it looks like it's waaaaay over saturated in the blues to the point white is light blue, it's really apparent in the text example

Not really due to over saturation as such, it’s because cheaper led backlights heavily skew towards the blue spectrum.

That said, likely much harder to notice one you are in there with no other frame of reference. And the camera in the through the lens footage may be exaggerating the colour cast. Might have some sleepless nights if you play before bed though :D

Back
Top Bottom