Oculus Rift windows driver error

Associate
Hi All,
I have had a long term issue with Oculus Rift Headset Driver Error. Basically I get 3 error states.

In "Devices" screen the Rift has Driver Error.
In "Device Manager" I have the exclamation mark next to "Generic USB Superspeed Hub". This is for the USB connector on the headset.
Sometimes I get USB Device not recognised message popup

I'm asking Oculus help aswell but wandered if anyone had fixed it.

I've tried everything suggested on internet such as disabling power management, uninstalling in device manager, etc.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Soldato
Sounds like your motherboard USB ports aren't up to it.

What is the exact make and model of your motherboard?

I think you might have to take Hyperseven's suggestion and get an add-on USB card.

One thing you could try is to disable XMP in your bios and put in the memory timings manually.

Associate
OP
The old Rift.
My motherboard is ASUS X570 TUF Gaming Plus.

Why would RAM timings affect USB?

Error code is:
This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
The USB hub failed to reset.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a similar error with my CV1 on my Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 board, but it still worked. To be honest, it may be worth getting an add-in USB3 card as the CV1 can be finicky anyway with USB ports, especially if you have a 3 sensor setup.

Soldato
The old Rift.
My motherboard is ASUS X570 TUF Gaming Plus.

Why would RAM timings affect USB?

Error code is:
This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
The USB hub failed to reset.

It was something that worked with the old Rift on some Asus motherboards.

Can't remember the reason why.

Associate
I had a similar issues with my Quest and getting link set up, the usb3 ports on my motherboard were one of like three brands that weren't compatable with the drivers or something like that. Just bought a cheap 2 port adapter on rain-forest and I was as good as gold.

Back
Top Bottom