OCZ Hydrojet CPU Cooler

Associate
Hey anyone else excited about this ? Looks like its going to be good, small and compact too, would love to know more about how it works.

quote from tony on ocz forums
"Hydrojet should be 2 to 3 months maybe less and has awesome cooling capabilities...model shown cools 350W heatload"

Hope OCUK get some in !!

cebit%20pics%20136.jpg

cebit%20pics%20137.jpg

Associate
Yeah, pics have been around a while...looks very intereting.

Can cool 350W? That's insane...if true. It could just be some PR crap though, it's happened before.

Associate
cobxx said:
Yeah, pics have been around a while...looks very intereting.

Can cool 350W? That's insane...if true. It could just be some PR crap though, it's happened before.

Cool OR 350watt it should be.

It could possibly keep a 350watt CPU (if they exist in mainstream) from shutting down, i.e. less than 100 degC

Could it keep a 150W CPU at 20 degress over ambient??? I doubt it, not unless the fan (where is it by the way?) spins at aprox. 10,000 rpm and makes about 100dB.

A "proper" w/c set up with, say, a 120.2 will struggle with 350W and that has much more surface area and 2 120mm fans. Noisy fans (40dB+) will be required even here.

Unless David Blaine was part of the design team, I would take it all with a pinch of salt, at least until we get some neutral comparative reviews.

Back
Top Bottom