1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ocz memory showing as 1536mbytes

Discussion in 'Memory' started by timmymeuk1, 16 Apr 2010.

1. timmymeuk1

Gangster

Im having some trouble with my computer and it keeps restarting or blue screening sometimes. quite randomly though. Cpuz says that i have 3gb ram even though ive got 2x1 ocz platinium. Could this be the reason for the crashing?

2. timmymeuk1

Gangster

I have just noticed something, Im using prime95 right now and looked on cpuz and says 2048 now :s

Turned prime 95 off and goes back to 3072, could it be the voltage on the memory isnt compatible with the motherboard??? the ram is set to 1.6v and on cpuz says 1.8v

3. timmymeuk1

Gangster

Well ive taken the ram out and had a look at it and one of the ram has a red mark on so im guessing its blown both ram sticks seen so same thing happens when i try a stick at a time. This is what happens when i put both sticks in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the windows logo and any other time its kind of smudged, could it of affected the onboard graphics or does ram determine how the graphics would look also.

4. EGuitarStar

Mobster

Make sure the memory is inserted correctly, ensure it is not overclocked and then run a memory test on it.

By the current looks of it, I would say you have some duff RAM there.

5. timmymeuk1

Gangster

already done all that, ill have to rma