• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

oem 3700s for £111, got to be bargain

Soldato
I was orginally going to get a Venus for my new shuttle 3500+, but having a 3700+ in there is more tempting

Looks like more L2 cache on the san diegos which has to be a better thing

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I've ordered on for my ST20G5 shuttle, but have no intention of clocking it atm as I only have standard RAM and the Shuttle being som compact don't want to generate too much heat.

I'll have 2 disks in my shuttle a spinpoint 160GB and 36GB raptor, and i'm already concerned about temps for the Raptor, let alone the CPU etc.

Soldato
WatchTower said:
I can get 2.7Ghz on my 3200 so I'm guess if you could get to almost if not 3Ghz.

very happy with 2.75ghz - not really wanting to increase the core volts. (fails to post @ 2.8ghz on stock volts)

Nice overclock by you -all the same!

k3v

k3v

Associate
if these clock to 2.8 ish, I might just get a 3200 chip and save a bit of money as they seem to clock to nearly the same. is this correct?

Associate
a 3700 1mb cache equals about a 200mhz increase, and so a san diego at 2.8 would be equal to a 3200 at 3.0ghz

plus the 3700 clock better on average :p

Soldato
yay have been approved now i can post :)

i baught one of these £111 3700's sadly my board hasnt arrived yet (not from overclockers)

however i am a little worried.

ADA3700DKA5CF it seems isnt a sandiego chip its a crippled toedo chip. Now there isnt at stock speeds owt in it, however, as these have failed, i think one could assume that these chips are from nearer the edge of the wafer and are poorer quality chips. This bears true as some people are saying they are crap overclockers.......

So my question is, has anyone recieved any of these chips from overclockers yet (note the ones with the above E6 stepping) and if so what headroom are you getting out of them (i was kind of hoping on 250x11)

Associate
bigmike20vt said:
yay have been approved now i can post :)

i baught one of these £111 3700's sadly my board hasnt arrived yet (not from overclockers)

however i am a little worried.

ADA3700DKA5CF it seems isnt a sandiego chip its a crippled toedo chip. Now there isnt at stock speeds owt in it, however, as these have failed, i think one could assume that these chips are from nearer the edge of the wafer and are poorer quality chips. This bears true as some people are saying they are crap overclockers.......

So my question is, has anyone recieved any of these chips from overclockers yet (note the ones with the above E6 stepping) and if so what headroom are you getting out of them (i was kind of hoping on 250x11)

I can predict the future :D

generally mate, in dual cores, theres 1 crap core and 1 good core, ive seen disabled core toledos do just as well as the normal, proper single cored 3700'

Soldato
Well I install the 3700+ into my new ST20G5 shuttle and at the moment haven't seen a fantasticly quick machine yet. At the moment I've put Windows x64 on it with the various drivers from shuttle. So I'll prob tinker around with it a bit more and then prob put my normal XP Pro back on. I only installed the trial x64 to have a look, nothing more nothing less.

The orginal plan for this system was for it to be the driving force for my VMWare sessions. I may dig out Half Life 2, but I've got to pay £10 to get the Steam account reset as it was given to me by a friend.

All in all not what I was expecting.. It's also running a dual TFT 17" IIyama E431-S set-up and again, I'm now tempted to get shot of both TFTs and just get a bigger one.

Soldato
m3csl2004 said:
I can predict the future :D

generally mate, in dual cores, theres 1 crap core and 1 good core, ive seen disabled core toledos do just as well as the normal, proper single cored 3700'

lol i only just noticed the Tony Soprano avatar is used by multiple people.... i was reading the forum and thinking that you had a major multiple personality problem ;)

nope not asking to predict the future, just hoping for a few people to chime in with their overclocks on this chip. After all we did buy from a company called "overclockers" so hopefully most will be into frying their chip as much as i am :D

if it aint broke overclock it till it is.

Associate
Sin-Tex said:
So these things won't overclock any better than the San Deigo's then.
Was kinda hopeing they where new cores that would overclock even better.

well i bought my oem 3700+ a few weeks back now, and mine runs coll and stable(in a shuttle) at 2.8ghz

fx-57 for £110 anyone??

Back
Top Bottom