1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Of the younger generation of stars, who will be remembered as legends?

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Ziggy, 14 Oct 2009.

1. Ziggy

PermaBanned

Of the younger/current generation of film and music stars, who do you think will be remembered as 'legends', or who will be the megastars of the future?

2. Clum

Mobster

Hmm tough one. Compared to previous generations theres just so many "stars" now that its hard to sift through them and indeed for any one act to stand out and become megastars. Theres a new band/tv show/film with new stars every day and hell you dont even need to do anything to be famous.

3. DampCat

Capodecina

How young are you talking? And what kind of stardom?

Legendary like Frank Sinatra? Marlon Brando? If so then you could say someone like Johnny Depp, George Clooney etc will probably be working into later life and undoubtedly still have time to produce some iconic work, if they haven't already.

If you mean younger, up and coming stars then i'd say people like Abigail Breslin... but who can tell at this stage what her career will be like?

4. Amp34

Caporegime

I would suggest Johnny depp, Brad pitt (although getting a bit old) and definately Will Smith who I think will be the new Morgan Freeman as such(Why are there so few prominent black actors, never really noticed that before!?).

As for my age group (early 20's), I would say Keira Knightley, don't really know any other prominent young actors.

5. TFleming

Wise Guy

Probably Take That, Robbie Williams? Tom Jones although he's already ancient

6. Amp34

Caporegime

Not sure about Take That but I do think Robbie Williams will be this generations Elvis. Everyone knows his songs, him and one of the biggest live concert players in the world.

7. TurnipHead

Soldato

Eminem

8. Robosapien

Mobster

Absolutely no one. At least not in music.
    Society is becoming too fragmented, choice is improving and quality is degenerating.
    No one has any sticking power anymore.
    I'm quite biased though because I have nothing but absolute hatred for anything chav-pop.
    The biggest bands in the world right now are probably U2 and Coldplay but they're not even a tiny blip on my radar.

9. DJ_Switch

Wise Guy

I think Lenoardo DiCaprio will. Always impressed with his acting and seems to choose his roles quite well these days. He's definitely got a long future ahead as well.

10. blairw

Mobster

DiCaprio i find very underrated, he has been fantastic in some roles!

11. gurusan

Capodecina

No one in music that's for sure.

12. 4T5

Man of Honour

Sean Penn.

13. Robosapien

Mobster

No.

14. shifty_uk

Capodecina

Take That?

The biggest load of cheesy ******** I've yet to come by. What the hell?

(Is ******** a sweary? If so, I apologise)

15. marley82

PermaBanned

Robbie Williams, Coldplay & maybe Eminem imo

16. Muban

Soldato

I'm struggling to think of people myself, but Robbie Williams, seriously? An entertainer he may be but I wouldn't put him even anywhere near the likes of Sinatra or Elvis. Not even close.

17. Amp34

Caporegime

Most people know probably half a dozen songs (not necessarily by name) that he did and even the oldies think he's good. You get all the cheesy/old music at parties etc and at least one of his songs will be in there too.:p

18. Marky

Capodecina

Erm... What now?! U2 and Coldplay are the biggest bands in the world right now?

I lol'd :D

19. JBod

Soldato

I am sorry to burst your bubble, but what do you think Sinatra and Elvis did? Invent electricity and the automobile? They were simply exceptionally talented entertainers.

You already have Kurt Cobain as a legend (untimely death is all that is needed?) On that note Heath Ledger (RIP) but I don't rate him that much in what I have seen him in... Home & Away, Knights Tale and Dark Knight (not seen battyback mountain).

Legends will be your current Hollywood A-Listers:

"Brangelina"
    Spielberg
    Dicaprio
    Will Smith
    Harrison Ford
    Keanu Reeves
    ... etc

Last edited: 17 Oct 2009
  20. gurusan

Capodecina

Robbie Williams? lmfao