Of the younger generation of stars, who will be remembered as legends?

Soldato
I am sorry to burst your bubble, but what do you think Sinatra and Elvis did? Invent electricity and the automobile? They were simply exceptionally talented entertainers.
Burst my bubble? hardly :D I just don't consider Robbie Williams to be exceptionally talented. I'm genuinely surprised anyone rates him that highly, that's why I posted in response to him in particular. As I said I think he is an entertainer but I think he is over rated. Things like this though will always divide opinion.

EDIT: For the record I've never really liked Elvis particularly myself but recognise that he was an exceptional talent and really was an international star.

Soldato
I can't believe some of the suggestions in this thread.

Take that, Robbie Williams, Zachery Quinto...

What the hell?

You don't require talent these days. There's an abundance of opportunities to become famous or a so called "star".

Everyone has jumped on the fame bandwagon.

Soldato
I can't believe some of the suggestions in this thread.

Take that, Robbie Williams, Zachery Quinto...

What the hell?

You don't require talent these days. There's an abundance of opportunities to become famous or a so called "star".

Everyone has jumped on the fame bandwagon.

I think you missing the point of the thread, its not "Who should be legends", it's "Who do you think will be remembered as a legend".

Soldato
Erm... What now?! U2 and Coldplay are the biggest bands in the world right now?

I lol'd :D

What bands right now could outsell them head to head in concerts? like the ones they have just done? 2.5 million tickets sold for U2's 360 tour in the first 35 dates alone.

Who has such large world wide appeal? Robbie Williams may be big in the UK, but he is meaningless in the grand scheme of music.

Soldato
I think we will remember a number of people as legends but to be classed as a legend by a much younger generation after we die I can hardly name any. Maybe Johnny Depp and Steven Spielberg. Music probably Dizzee Rascal.

Soldato
Zachary Quinto.

The only reason to watch heroes season 3, and his role was the only one that was well acted in star trek.

You were obviously out of the room during every scene with Karl Urban :p.

I think DiCaprio's work with Scorsese has changed my opinion of him as an actor and he's made some really good turns in some amazing films. I'd say he's a shout for a future legend.

Soldato
lol @ some of the suggestions. Most music artists come and go, especially boy bands. Who were Take That a few years ago? No one was even talking about them, they had come and gone, and they'll do the same again.

Actors last, DiCaprio certainly will.

Soldato
Legends are entertainers who get passed down through the generations, or conversely "do a Cliff" and try and stick it out through all the generations they are alive for.

Genuinely, and I follow music and film/TV quite closely, I can think of nobody, not entire band or specific person, that will be passed down like legendary people used to be.

Led Zeppelin STILL gets passed on from dad to son (and daughter) to this day, they are true legends of the past few decades, there is nothing like them anymore, everyone and everything is too throw-away.

There are some who want to become legendary, ppl like Jack White want to do it (but never will imo) and clearly Grohl etc wants to, otherwise them crooked vultures wouldnt have been started.

Honestly, people of my age reading this thread, which artists / film stars of today would you pass onto your kids by introducing them to the stuff because you like it, not because you think they might but you dont give a stuff about it? I'd be interested to hear what people suggest.

It's even spread to the world of sport, it used to be that football players were legendary, as were some racing drivers, but now? They are mostly over-paid yobs who rape good taste while making us all cringe and laugh in equal amounts. Legendary they are not. And legendary racing drivers?? The only one I can think of is Colin McCrae, and if im being brutally honest I'm not 100% sure i would have written that before he died (harsh but true).

Back
Top Bottom