Office Chair vs. Gaming Chair

Associate
OK, so need a new chair. I did buy a SecretLab Titan a few weeks ago and it dug into the back of my legs really badly and had to return it.
My current choice is a Mirra 2.
I do suffer with my back and neck so would like something to help with that.
I was looking at the Orangebox Do, but the comments about the lumbar support digging in are a bt worrying.
I have found a site that have a good returns policy as I do not want to pay £45 to return it like I did with the Titan.
I do tend to sit with my legs apart and my feet underneath me and am 6' 2" tall. the way I sit could be down to the old Ikea chair I use though.
For anyone that currently owns a Mirra 2 can you comment on how it supports your back? I am happy to spend a week or so getting used to the chair as it sounds like it does force you to sit properly.
any comments appreciated

Caporegime
OK, so need a new chair. I did buy a SecretLab Titan a few weeks ago and it dug into the back of my legs really badly and had to return it.
I was looking at the Orangebox Do, but the comments about the lumbar support digging in are a bt worrying.
I have found a site that have a good returns policy as I do not want to pay £45 to return it like I did with the Titan.
I do tend to sit with my legs apart and my feet underneath me and am 6' 2" tall. the way I sit could be down to the old Ikea chair I use though.
For anyone that currently owns a Mirra 2 can you comment on how it supports your back? I am happy to spend a week or so getting used to the chair as it sounds like it does force you to sit properly.
any comments appreciated
Do a thread search for "Mirra", it takes 2 secs and you will see some feedback.

Man of Honour
any comments appreciated
Just be done with it and get the Aeron. :)

Caporegime
Not everyone likes the Aeron... I sat on one for years and was not the biggest fan because it was a bit too firm for my bum. I personally prefer chairs with foam padding for long term sitting comfort.

My Giroflex 64 is honestly perfect for me in this regard.

Associate
Haha, yeah, if only... The mirra is pushing my budget. Also, even though the site I have found offers free returns, I am not keen on having to do mulitple returns to find the right chair for me..
Having said that a mate of mine has a SecretLab Omega and loves it, but the titan didnt suit me, so maybe I just buy the chair and see what is is like.
I was looking at the Elite Loreto on the same which has a foam seat rather than a mesh one...

Soldato
any comments appreciated

Steelcase Please V2. Best lumbar support around, beats any of the Herman Millers I've used. I'm 6'2" as well.

Had this a year now and it's been perfect.

Associate
Not everyone likes the Aeron... I sat on one for years and was not the biggest fan because it was a bit too firm for my bum. I personally prefer chairs with foam padding for long term sitting comfort.

My Giroflex 64 is honestly perfect for me in this regard.
Steelcase Please V2. Best lumbar support around, beats any of the Herman Millers I've used. I'm 6'2" as well.

Had this a year now and it's been perfect.
Thanks mid_gen, Added to my (ever expanding) list.
Also Added the G64 from Richdog's recommendation.

Caporegime
Thanks mid_gen, Added to my (ever expanding) list.
Also Added the G64 from Richdog's recommendation.
The G64 with 4D arms is generally between £100 and £250 from many UK online stores in used or refurbished condition... about 15-30% of the new price. It is one of the most highly regarded office chairs in Europe and we use them in our offices... people fight over them. :)

Associate
The G64 with 4D arms is generally between £100 and £250 from many UK online stores in used or refurbished condition... about 15-30% of the new price. It is one of the most highly regarded office chairs in Europe and we use them in our offices... people fight over them. :)
Hi Richdog, I have looked at loads of images and youtube videos and (searched this this thread for your comments on the G64) but can't work out how much lumbar support the G64 has...
Cant tell if teh back is just curved (for want of a better word) so was wondering if you could comment on how deep the lumbar extends out from the seat please?
EDIT: just to clarify, if you look at the chair from the side is the depth of the back the entire depth you see (if that makes sense..)
Thanks in advance
Gaz

Last edited:
Caporegime
Now looking for one of these.
Changing jobs soon. And will be working from home 3 days a week.
Plus time I spend at my Desk.

If it's worth spending on I'm happy to spend. Going to get a lot of hours use!

Gaming chair is preferred. Unless a typical office chair is better

Edit. Looks like an office chair is indeed better.

Last edited:
Associate
2ndhnd.com have both the Steelcase Please V2 and the Giroflex G64 in stock at the moment, also have a "managerial" version of the G64... very tempted by the G64

Caporegime
2ndhnd.com have both the Steelcase Please V2 and the Giroflex G64 in stock at the moment, also have a "managerial" version of the G64... very tempted by the G64

Do decent ones have mesh backs? My current one from work has this and tbh it's been amazing

Soldato

i recently bought a g64 manager and I am happy with it. They have really good customer service and if you are not happy they will refund or exchange.

Caporegime
Hi Richdog, I have looked at loads of images and youtube videos and (searched this this thread for your comments on the G64) but can't work out how much lumbar support the G64 has...
Cant tell if teh back is just curved (for want of a better word) so was wondering if you could comment on how deep the lumbar extends out from the seat please?
EDIT: just to clarify, if you look at the chair from the side is the depth of the back the entire depth you see (if that makes sense..)
Thanks in advance
Gaz

Sorry I have no tape measure to hand but the lumbar support is for me great. It's known as a good chair for people with back issues.

I don't recommend leather for office chairs, in Summer you will slide and sweat.

Associate
i recently bought a g64 manager and I am happy with it. They have really good customer service and if you are not happy they will refund or exchange.
Sorry I have no tape measure to hand but the lumbar support is for me great. It's known as a good chair for people with back issues.

I don't recommend leather for office chairs, in Summer you will slide and sweat.
Thanks Spluff and Richdog,
I need to double check that the managerial one is not leather (thanks for mentioning) as I do not want leather. Cant say 100% by looking at the image on the web site.
if it is fabric I will be ordering that one. if not will go for the standard G64.
Thanks for all of the replies it is appreciated
Gaz

Soldato
yep that is the one I am looking to buy. have asked them the question to be on the safe side.

they are good at answering questions and dealing with things. The chair I got has a few marks on the back and base; but considering it’s age is fine. All the functions on it work fine. The first one I got the chair base was popped up and I couldn’t get it back on. They let me keep it until I got replacement. The replacement one of the arms didn’t swivel properly, so they sent me one and replaced it.

Back
Top Bottom