Office Chair vs. Gaming Chair

Associate
I think you need to spend a little more time searching, as if I google "Herman miller posturefit used uk" then it gets quite a few hits that seem around £450. Just go though the first couple of pages of links.
You're probably right so I'll do some more searching. Most of the ones I've found are either private ebay sales (caveat emptor!!), out of stock, ex VAT, or they ramp up the delivery cost because I live in Scotland.

Associate
Recieved my G64 managerial chair the other week, overall pretty happy with the condition (few scuffs here and there).

Only question I do have though is around the lumbar support - when I lean back, sometimes there's a loud "click" noise - is this normal for the lumbar support or does it sound broken?

Caporegime
Recieved my G64 managerial chair the other week, overall pretty happy with the condition (few scuffs here and there).

Only question I do have though is around the lumbar support - when I lean back, sometimes there's a loud "click" noise - is this normal for the lumbar support or does it sound broken?
I highly doubt a "loud click" can be considered normal when leaning back. :D

Associate
I highly doubt a "loud click" can be considered normal when leaning back. :D

Yeah that was my thinking. Wasn't quite sure if it's just the lumbar support "Bar" thing moving or it's truly snapped inside. I've dropped the company I purchased from a message so will see what they come back with

Associate
Was thinking of getting a leap v2. Bought a gesture (w/headrest) and I found it decent but there were a couple of issues I had with it. The lack of a locking mechanism on moving the armrests to the left/right, and the chair seemingly swivels by itself to the left or right depending on how I'm sitting. Both problems got annoying very fast and its not exactly ideal in an expensive chair so I'll be returning it.

Associate
I keep thinking I need a new chair, what with all the working from home and my Ikea Markus being over 10 years old now.

Is there any UK based retailer besides Ikea where one can try out a chair?

I keep seeing adverts on facebook for all sorts of gaming / office chairs, and happy to spend a bit more for a good one. But not sure about doing that blind...

Soldato
Took receipt of a Secretlab Omega this morning and within an hour or two, I found my thighs, legs and back hurting.

Tried different positions, pillow, lumber support but nothing.

My £50 Staples chair is now back in from the Garage and it’s so much better. I can sit in that all day and not have a single issue but it’s quite old now so still need to get a replacement.

Checked online and found someone selling a
Herman Miller Mirra Chair for £199 so going to take a stab at that and hopefully it will be much comfier!

Associate
Took receipt of a Secretlab Omega this morning and within an hour or two, I found my thighs, legs and back hurting.

Tried different positions, pillow, lumber support but nothing.

My £50 Staples chair is now back in from the Garage and it’s so much better. I can sit in that all day and not have a single issue but it’s quite old now so still need to get a replacement.

Checked online and found someone selling a
Herman Miller Mirra Chair for £199 so going to take a stab at that and hopefully it will be much comfier!

This is my worry...
I keep seeing ads for the SecretLab stuff. But aside from some gushing youtube reviews, seems to be plenty like yours.
And tbh, the whole "racing seat" look doesn't make sense to me. Racing car seats are shaped like that to keep you firmly in place under high-G, not while sitting at a desk..

I keep seeing Herman Miller stuff recommended. But its a lot of money on something un-tested.

How are you returning the SecretLab chair? They provide a return label?

Back
Top Bottom