Office Romances

Man of Honour
There's no logical reason why an office romance can't work, I managed it before without issue and I'm still on good terms with the girl now although I did always know that I'd be leaving the country within a couple of months even if everything went completely to pieces. It was quite amusing at my leaving party when people slowly cottoned on to what had been happening, it wasn't that we went out our way to keep our relationship a secret but just didn't make a fuss about it either.

I'm sure it can be very awkward if it all goes wrong but as long as you don't act like a complete tool then the problems should be minimised.

Soldato
Don't get me wrong I've had long term girlfriends who kept things very interesting, but there's also something rather appealing about the chase and the lure of a new woman in your sights. I like long term things, but when I wasn't the short term stuff was pretty bloody good.

I don't go "through" women, so to speak. I'm also younger than you, IIRC...

Patience is great if she's absolutely stunning and you get on like a house on fire. Patience is also good if by the end of the evening you know it's leading somewhere.

Meh.. I got lucky, and after this long my interest in other women has almost disappeared :p

PAtience is also good if that flirting and suggestion gets you pulled into the CEO's office when no one else is around!! ;)

Hadn't thought of that one... ;)

Soldato
I am kinda in the same predicament except that i am leaving this company in 4 weeks....so i am thinking, its now or never ! If it works, great, if not, no harm done, even if she ends up hating my guts.

Why would she hate you?:confused:

There's a stunning redhead in my office but I don't know her name yet (very large office), and i'm told she's out of bounds cos she's a manager, meh:p

Man of Honour
I don't go "through" women, so to speak. I'm also younger than you, IIRC...

Meh.. I got lucky, and after this long my interest in other women has almost disappeared :p

Hadn't thought of that one... ;)

Oh absolutely, I wouldn't ever suggest that you or anyone should go "through" women. It's not my style either. However, if and when I was single and opportunities offered themselves and there was clear attraction, I'm afraid brain #2 kicks in. I'm close to a lot of my female friends and a good boy and there is absolute trust, but I also have a naughty streak but I know where the line is and never cross it... any more (I have done a couple of times - fortunately it's solidified a friendship rather than ruin it).

I'm just saying, if she's game and you are - play away! If you're after something meaningful and serious as is she, then play away! When I was single I wasn't "looking" for anything and wasn't "wanting" anything and just enjoyed what happened.

I've realised long ago it's not worth worrying about the future too much, enjoy what you've got around you here and now.

Soldato
Oh absolutely, I wouldn't ever suggest that you or anyone should go "through" women. It's not my style either. However, if and when I was single and opportunities offered themselves and there was clear attraction, I'm afraid brain #2 kicks in. I'm close to a lot of my female friends and a good boy and there is absolute trust, but I also have a naughty streak but I know where the line is and never cross it... any more (I have done a couple of times - fortunately it's solidified a friendship rather than ruin it).

Interesting... as it happens, my girlfriend was a friend first.

I'm just saying, if she's game and you are - play away! If you're after something meaningful and serious as is she, then play away! When I was single I wasn't "looking" for anything and wasn't "wanting" anything and just enjoyed what happened.

That's fair enough. I'd probably have a different view if I had been single for the last 3 years.

I've realised long ago it's not worth worrying about the future too much, enjoy what you've got around you here and now.

By all means do so. Not like we can march around and make everyone turn into ladies and gentlemen :p

Caporegime
You're trying too hard. :) Just be yourself, do a bit of subtle flirting etc... are there any "moments" i.e. catch her eye or share a private look or "knowing" i.e. a joke that only you two know about?

er, i do try and flirt with her, chatted to her today for about 15 mins at the end and it was fun, even talked about the kinda boys she likes. The problem is that she works in the other building/department so i dont catch her a lot, about once or twice a day.

oh we have this thing where we Hi5, really hard so it stings lol

Suspended
Ok I know the hole 'dont poop where you eat' saying but this girl is hot lol

Ive never been involved in an office romance before so im trying to work out if its just this girl that wants to progress things way to quickly or does the fact that you see each other quite abit at work 'count' towards the making of a relationship!?

I had an office romance 3 years ago, we married on 7th November ;)

We both work for different companies now though having left the one we worked for when we met.

Back
Top Bottom