**Official Asus A8N-SLI Premium Thread**

Soldato
J1nxy said:
Best bet, stick the bin file on a floppy, reboot and press alt-f2 which takes you to a ROM based flash util, and away you go. Current version of asus update deosn't seem to like this board/Bios.

Steve

Can't say that I have had any problems with the latest LiveUpdate tool. All of my 4 flashes have worked perfectly fine with it and a bin file from desktop. I would much rather flash in XP than risk using a floppy (horrible unreliable things :()

Soldato
Zico said:
Can't say that I have had any problems with the latest LiveUpdate tool. All of my 4 flashes have worked perfectly fine with it and a bin file from desktop. I would much rather flash in XP than risk using a floppy (horrible unreliable things :()

I'll 2nd that, flashed mine twice using the windows tool and my old p5ad2e 2 or 3 times. All worked perfectly.

On another note, my max cpu voltage appears to be 1.5v? Is this correct?

Permabanned
matt100 said:
Is it a bios issue that makes my board boot every other time I try?

I'll boot it and it hangs at the windows xp welcome screen, then switch it off and back on and it boots fine solid as a rock with hours of torture testing/games etc at 10*261 1.475v on my x2 4400.

Using bios 1008 atm and don't know ( :o ) if I've installed any nv drivers.. how would I know and why would I bother?

I had a similar problem - uninstaling the nvidia ide drivers sorted it for me.

Soldato
joe pineapples said:
Is anyone using a Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 SATA-II with this board?. Any issues etc, and did you use the hitachi 'feature tool' to enable sata 2 on the hd, AFTER installing windows?.

thanks

joe

Just enabled my Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 SATA-II now :D (knew I had forgotten something when I was building my new rig). I built my sytem about 3 months ago with a 100% clean install of XP.

So far so good.

Permabanned
Vogon said:
I think that answers my question then !
Its a bit odd that many boards wont run 4 sticks stable, yet most boards come with 4 slots. :confused:
You will probably find that filling all four DIMM slots with 4X 512MB or 4X1GByte RAM will be stable with most mobo's, it's just that you may have to reduce mem timings, speed etc, which to me though is somewhat defeating the object.

Soldato
sugoi said:
i believe it supports both, hope someone can confirm this...

It does both SATA and SATA II.

Oo_Scotty_oO said:
I must be absolutley blind , i have been on the Asus website to download the Live Update tool but cant find it , can anyone provide me with a direct link to it please?

Many thanks.

Europe
USA
Global
China

http://uk.asus.com/ > download > select from the list Motherboard > S939 > A8N SLi Premium and then it brings up all the relevant items.

Associate
Zico said:
It does both SATA and SATA II.

asussata7cg.jpg

So which connectors are SATA II? :) Forgive me, I'm a noob. :)

Soldato
drunknmunky said:
asussata7cg.jpg

So which connectors are SATA II? :) Forgive me, I'm a noob. :)

Both, Nvidia plugs are the black, Silicon Raid plugs are the red raid plugs.

And yes, see the Asus UK download page and grab the PDF manual ;)

**Edit**

Just in case.... ah to hell with it.... here!!!

Manual

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom