**Official Asus A8N-SLI Premium Thread**

Soldato
rossy t said:
i currently have 2 gig of ram (2x1 gig crucial ddr 400) in this board. amd athlon 64 dual core 3800 processor. windows xp 32 sp2.

is it worth putting in another 2 gig of 2x1 gig crucial sticks @ £120.

i don't play games. i edit photos and watch big divx and codec'd movies, also do a lot of other imagey manipulation stuff. sometimes its a bit chuggy, is it worth putting in another 2 gig. someone in a different thread posted that win xp pro 32 can only use 3.2 gig, therefore shall i only purchase another gig?

any help appreciated.

any one else running 4 gig, how do you set it up to get the best performance? i currently have the sticks in the 1st and 3rd slots... ( i think)
2GB of ram is adequate in my opinion, improving your CPU would benefit you more, I had a similar setup to you i.e same motherboard, for video editing etc maybe upgrading your pc overall would be much more beneficial, you would be surprised how much you could get 2nd hand for your current setup, upgrading to Conroe woudnt cost that much to be honest. I'm glad I moved over to Conroe anyway.

Associate
Hi all, I currently have all 4 of the standard SATA ports filled, if i buy more can I only run them in RAID or does the silicon image controller allow you to run them as "normal" hard disks, I don't want to run RAID and I've also heard that if controllers offer JBOD they can lock that hard drive to only that controller is this true?

Thanks

Associate
Hey all, iv had this mobo for ages but never used the onboard nic until now and im having some issues, some applications are reporting that im firewalled, i do have a router but thats not the problem and i cant access the windows firewall settings, i get this message "windows firewall cannot run because another program or service is running that might use the network address translation component (ipnat.sys)"

im using the Marvell Yukon nic connection with Nforce4 6.86 drivers, the NV nic is disabled in my bios and i did not install the Nforce firewall drivers, but im guessing its the onboad NV firewall thats now causing this issue?

before i was using a old pci 3com nic, and both onboard nics where disabled in my bios and i did not have this issue, but 3com have not released any updaded vista drivers for it so it would not work with vista hence why im now using the onboard one, thanks for your help.

Soldato
Apexs said:
im using the Marvell Yukon nic connection with Nforce4 6.86 drivers, the NV nic is disabled in my bios and i did not install the Nforce firewall drivers, but im guessing its the onboad NV firewall thats now causing this issue?
I have never used the Marvell Yukon Network on this board so cant help. I have had no issues using the nVidia LAN. Not sure what your problem is but I guess you may get more help about network issues here

Soldato
this mobo is starting to do my head in,

the mobo can do 310 fsb easily which i have tested,
the memory can do 255mhz which i've also tested
the cpu can do 2.9ghz @ 1.45v again thats been tested.

now i've been trying for ages to get the cpu to run at 9x300 = 2.7ghz with the mem on a 333 divider so it runs at 245mhz but it just wont have it at all.

i can run thos settings but with the mem on the 200 divider but that means its running at 150mhz :( 266 and 333 just give me nothing but trouble. it either crashes on windows starting or just freezes during post.

it seems the dividers in my case are severely screwed :mad:

anyone got any tips?

Soldato
Found this the other day whilst trying to get a RAID array working on the Sil3114 controller. Still didn't make a difference - but have tested this and it's good.

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/showpost.php?p=7907&postcount=6244

It's basically Bios 1303 with the latest NVRAID & Sil3114 bios. Been running it the last month and I've not had a problem with it.

Is it possible you could email the v2 file that you've linked to as Rapid Share's free downloads are all used up at the moment and it's saying that there is a wait of 137 minutes.

Email in trust account.

Back
Top Bottom