**Official Asus A8N-SLI Premium Thread**

Associate
Thanks for the help i am using auto for voltages so i will have to change that.I will have another go later and see if i have better results cheers,

Associate
I wanted to overclock my system to 2.4GHz - 4800+ spec and no more. Being new to overclocking i used the AI overclocking feature in the asus bios and it seems to have done the trick keeping vcore to what it was 1.3v. Im yet to run prime 95 but I was just wondering am I missing out on anything by avoiding manually changing things myself?

Soldato
Hit and miss really I'd say hansol187. Each CPU is different. With a relatively low overclock I can survive with all on Auto with no problems.

Run some stability tests and see how it goes for you.

Associate
New beta Bios at ASUS 1007.002, seems to fix the problem with TRC in the BIOS, geting slammed up to 22T when running the RAM on a divider. Bios sets my to 9, is that good or bad?

Important warning note by ASUS - "To avoid damaging system, please do update the chipset driver before updating Bios version 1006 or later"

Still having the problem with vcore I can get to 1.35v only, now at 2.56Ghz (10*256), memory on 333 divider at (2,2,2,5, 1T). I can run at 2.6 but not prime95 stable with my vcore.

Simon

Last edited:
Soldato
Simon D said:
New beta Bios at ASUS 1007.002.........

Important warning note by ASUS - "To avoid damaging system, please do update the chipset driver before updating Bios version 1006 or later"
Simon

Do I really need to put the devil's chipset driver on for the 1007.002 beta? I went straight ahead and flashed my board to 1006.004 just as soon as I had built the system using the 6.53 drivers.

I hesitate to upgrade to 6.66 right now as there are a few people having problems with them.

Soldato
If it aint broke .......

I am going with the CD supplied ones when mine comes, have heard of probs with the number of the beast :)

Associate
I am only using the the Beta Bios 1007.002 to see if it solved my problem with the vcore (no luck), I was happy with bios 1005.

I also updated to chipset drivers to 6.66 I have seen no problems so far!!

Simon

Soldato
Well its in place now ... took a gamble and put 6.66 straight on, and 77.77 on the graphics ... so far seems OK.

I have to say, I have owned several Asus boards in the past, but this one just feels so much better built (and they were never shoddy), very pleased so far :)
Mind you I haven't tinkered with overclocking yet .... if I do I will need a divider for the memory as this stuff won't go too far (but @ £107 for 2gb with lifetime warranty, one cant complain ;)) unfortunatley a nice divider to keep mem at 200 puts cpu @ 240, somehow I dont think the SD 4000 will do close to 2.9 ghz :p
BTW stock cooler for the SD is very quiet, and reasonably effective too ... enough to make me decide not to install the Zalman :o

Soldato
Errol said:
You only use the EZ plug in SLI mode.

I disagree, from what I can make out the EZ plug is to be used if yourPSU is a 20 pin powerlead, not the 24 pin that ATX 2.0 requires ;)

Soldato
Hello peeps,

I'm new to all this teccie stuff but was reading that I may need to update my chipset drivers but first I would need to delete the AudioDrv and AudioUtl directories! I would also delete the NAM folder from the Ethernet directory. If this is the case, where can I find these files so that I can go ahead and install the latest chipset driver?

Thanks in advance peeps ;)

Associate
Hi

Any one here removed the heatpipe from this board yet - i got mine mounted in a lian li v1000 and was thinking of removing the pipe and fitting an active cooler on the northbridge and some ram sinks on the mosfet's - wanted to know if anyone has done it and if so if there were any problems?

Back
Top Bottom