**Official Asus A8N32-SLI DELUXE Thread**

Associate
The Jet said:
It's not supposed to help you, this isn't just a thread for memory problems, lol.

What BIOS you using? Try the latest 1014 version.

Hi

Just to let you know bios 1014 is for the A8N SLI series motherboard and not the A8N32 SLI. The bios release for this board is now up to version 1103 and there hasn't been a bios 1014.

Regards

Peter

Soldato
OP
XXXCorps said:
Hi

Just to let you know bios 1014 is for the A8N SLI series motherboard and not the A8N32 SLI. The bios release for this board is now up to version 1103 and there hasn't been a bios 1014.

Regards

Peter

My bad. Just changed BIOS to 1009 without a problem. :)

Time to get this thing running.

Associate
I've got an opteron 165 in this board at 300mhz HTT (2700mhz CPU speed)
Excellent!

However I've got a problem...i'm sure my RAM can cope upto 250mhz no problem (Corsair XL Pro) but CPU-Z says it's running at 192mhz!!
I think i've got a divider wrong or something....how can I make this right?

Thanks

Associate
anyone noticed something funny with there cpu volts my opteron 146 on stock volts should be 1.39 ish but on this board its 1.46 i have it set to 1.25 to get it to run at 1.4 strange :confused:

Man of Honour
Flashing bios using 'easy-flash' method.

1. Enter bios and change clock speeds to default (dont forget to write down your stable overclock settings!). Believe me you don't want a corrupt bios flash due to an unstable overclock!
2. Download latest bios
3. Extract bios to desktop
4. Rename bios to A8N32SLI.ROM
5. Format a floppy. You dont need to create a dos disk just a simple format will do.
6. Copy A8N32SLI.ROM to the floppy.
7. Reboot
8. Upon 'post' press ALT+F2.

Once you press ALT+F2 an automated service will begin...do not touch anything until told to do so.

'please reboot PC' - Do as it says.

The first time you reboot you will get a 'bad bios checksum' notice. Dont worry! Press F2 to load setup defaults and then reboot again. Now you are back to a factory state (with updated bios). Load into windows to check you are stable and you have no problems, don't worry about missing peripherals (NIC, audio etc) as they will probably be disabled by default at this stage. Once you are happy re-rnter bios and load up your 'overclock' settings.

Hope this helps.

Man of Honour
TrueBlue said:
just a warning, this mobo likes to change your multiplier if you dont force it to what you want my enabling the skew in jumperless settings.

SKew? DDR clock skew will normally default to a delay of 450 once you go past a certain limit. You mean FID/VId setting (set this to manual). That is the setting for the multiplier. Cool'n'quiet will also alter your multiplier unless you disable it.

Man of Honour
Shads said:
anyone noticed something funny with there cpu volts my opteron 146 on stock volts should be 1.39 ish but on this board its 1.46 i have it set to 1.25 to get it to run at 1.4 strange :confused:

Have you enabled the Vcore overvolt option? This will add 0.2v to the vcore. If you want 1.39vcore then set the vcore to 1.185 and enable the overvolt (0.2) to make 1.385 vcore (1.39 in windows).

Man of Honour
Paul Spiteri said:
I've got an opteron 165 in this board at 300mhz HTT (2700mhz CPU speed)
Excellent!

However I've got a problem...i'm sure my RAM can cope upto 250mhz no problem (Corsair XL Pro) but CPU-Z says it's running at 192mhz!!
I think i've got a divider wrong or something....how can I make this right?

Thanks

I'll wager the divider is on Auto and has dropped to a 133mhz divider

Go into
CPU settings
Memory
Limit

Set the limit to 166..try that then increase to 188..try that and if that works you may want to push for 1:1 and go for 200 mhz. With a 300mhz overclock though I doubt you will get it to run @1:1, even with slack timings.

Permabanned
my 4800+ is now at 2.7ghz and rising on 1:1 ratio default volts. This machine is now like greased lightning backed up my 2gig ram, 2x74gig raptors and 2x7800gtx (500/1400)

Associate
:confused:
Hi
I cannot get my system to recognise any high-speed USB2.0 hubs are available on the mobo.
On the Asus set up disc it says no need to install USB2 drivers if SP1 or higher installed (xp pRO + SP2 are installed).
Anyone had this problem ?
:)

Associate
Hope somebody out there can help.
I have this board and I am trying to install my case led connections from my T/T kandalf case to the system panel connections....My problem is that they are not colour coded to the board so I do not know which lead is which? This is what I have:

Leads on case
Reset switch - Purple and White (reset and ground)
Powerswitch - Red and Black (Power and Ground)
Ide_Led - Orange and White (Ide_led+ and Ide_led-)
Power Led - Blue and White (PLED+ and PLED-)
Speaker - Red and Black (+5V and Speaker)

I have had a look at both manuals and neither of them have helped. I am sure that this is easily solved but I just cannot figure it out. Anybody please help me out??

Many Thanks

Man of Honour
Bodger said:
Hope somebody out there can help.
I have this board and I am trying to install my case led connections from my T/T kandalf case to the system panel connections....My problem is that they are not colour coded to the board so I do not know which lead is which? This is what I have:

Leads on case
Reset switch - Purple and White (reset and ground)
Powerswitch - Red and Black (Power and Ground)
Ide_Led - Orange and White (Ide_led+ and Ide_led-)
Power Led - Blue and White (PLED+ and PLED-)
Speaker - Red and Black (+5V and Speaker)

I have had a look at both manuals and neither of them have helped. I am sure that this is easily solved but I just cannot figure it out. Anybody please help me out??

Many Thanks

Look real close on the board and you will see which switch goes where as the plugs are marked (very small). Power switch will be marked (PWR SW), Power LED will be PWR led, Reset will be RST SW, The speaker lead should be connected to the block of 4 (orange iirc). The last is IDE led and marked as such.

Its very hard to see the writing unless the board is out of the case or you are in good light. This is easiest done before you connect anything to the motherboard imo.

Man of Honour
okimanoob said:
Yes

Settings in BIOS are for both USB 1.1 + 2.0 - Enabled
Legacy USB - Enabled
USB 2.0 Controller Mode - Hi-Speed
EHCI Hand-Off - Hi-Speed
:confused:

The only other thing I can think of m8 is that USB controllers are disabled in system devices. Have you checked your device manager?

Associate
Thanks for the info: I know where the pins have to go and that was my mistake for not making it clear, but I do not know which way round the cables have to go, if you see what I mean. i.e putting the live wire in the way round that the ground has to go etc?
Sorry for not sounding clearer

Back
Top Bottom