Associate
Quote:
Originally Posted by okimanoob
Yes

Settings in BIOS are for both USB 1.1 + 2.0 - Enabled
Legacy USB - Enabled
USB 2.0 Controller Mode - Hi-Speed
EHCI Hand-Off - Hi-Speed

The only other thing I can think of m8 is that USB controllers are disabled in system devices. Have you checked your device manager?

:D :D - Sorted Thanks m8

Was showing in Device Manager that USB had problem - so just reinstalled using cd.
:eek:

Man of Honour
Bodger said:
Thanks for the info: I know where the pins have to go and that was my mistake for not making it clear, but I do not know which way round the cables have to go, if you see what I mean. i.e putting the live wire in the way round that the ground has to go etc?
Sorry for not sounding clearer

Yeah that confused me. I don't know whther this is the 'correct' way of installing them but this is what I did. For the coloured leads I matched them up to the little white '+' on the motherboard (positive?). Worked fine for me.

Associate
TrueBlue said:
my 4800+ is now at 2.7ghz and rising on 1:1 ratio default volts. This machine is now like greased lightning backed up my 2gig ram, 2x74gig raptors and 2x7800gtx (500/1400)

Hi Trueblue

In the past I've been able to overclock my system to over 2.8ghz but been horrified at the cpu and motherboard temps; rising up to 59 degrees on the cpu! Obviously I'm more that a bit concerned about frying the processor. :mad:
What sort of temps are you getting from your rig?

Cheers

Peter

Associate
The Jet said:
I have just got everything stable on stock with my temps at 35C idle (41C full) using an SI-120 and Akasa 120mm UQ. :)

Hi

Thanks for that; no matter what I try (even setting the motherboard to defaults) I cannot hit those kind of temperatures. It's quite worrying to say the least...

Associate
My CPU/MB used to hit 52/50c after playing COD2 etc, but now only reaches 42/40c after installing 2 side fans blowing on mb/GPU in addition to one in at front and one out at rear... well worth a try.
MB temp now seems to be about 2 deg lower than CPU - 36/34 on idle - x2 4200 & 7800GTX (Going SLI soon with extra 7800GTX :) )

Soldato
OP
NOW things are starting to heat up. Went straight from stock to 250x11 @ 1.325v (w/ overvolts enabled, that's an extra 0.2 on vCore). 38C idle and 43C load.

Gotta love this OCZ EB memory, 250 straight off the bat.

Associate
The Jet said:
NOW things are starting to heat up. Went straight from stock to 250x11 @ 1.325v (w/ overvolts enabled, that's an extra 0.2 on vCore). 38C idle and 43C load.

Sounds good; keep it going... :cool:

Associate
The Jet said:

Didn't use any heat conducting paste on this build, i wonder if this could be a factor? :confused:

Soldato
OP
As in Artic Silver 5. Yeah, but only on the GPU and CPU. I really wanted to do the passive cooling on the mobo as well as that aliminium piece of junk on the mosfets. Alas i had already put the rig together so may do that at a later date. Going to run load for a few days, then try to get up to 2.9GHz and then one final push to 3GHz. :)

Associate
The Jet said:
As in Artic Silver 5. Yeah, but only on the GPU and CPU. I really wanted to do the passive cooling on the mobo as well as that aliminium piece of junk on the mosfets. Alas i had already put the rig together so may do that at a later date. Going to run load for a few days, then try to get up to 2.9GHz and then one final push to 3GHz. :)

Hi

Seriously considering going to buy either the Abit AN8 32x or the DFI Lanparty SLI-DR Expert on Friday to see how these perform...

Last edited:
Associate
TrueBlue said:
you wont be dissapointed with this new Asus offering, its stable as a rock, easy to use and very fast.

Hi

I already have the Asus board but the thing that does disappoint is the operating temperatures, having a £600 processor heat up to nearly 60 degrees is quite frightening let me tell you...

Man of Honour
XXXCorps said:
Hi

I already have the Asus board but the thing that does disappoint is the operating temperatures, having a £600 processor heat up to nearly 60 degrees is quite frightening let me tell you...

Have you tried reapplying the HS and thermal compund? Hitting nearly 60c is a sign something is definately wrong, either with your HS/mounting/thermal compound or your case ventilation. I have an opty 170 running at 2.8 that will only reach 40c during prime95x2.

Associate
w3bbo said:
Have you tried reapplying the HS and thermal compund? Hitting nearly 60c is a sign something is definately wrong, either with your HS/mounting/thermal compound or your case ventilation. I have an opty 170 running at 2.8 that will only reach 40c during prime95x2.

Just stripped out Zalman cooler and applied thermal paste (as I said I didn't do it in the first place!?) System now stable at 41 degrees clocked to 2.6ghz; the coolest it's ever run I hasten to add!!!
Just ran 3Dmark06 with a score of 8812 with temp at 46 degrees: Pleased as punch...

Thanks guys :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I just did a few tests with my airflow and figured it weren't necessarily the heatsink i had BUT the 2x 120mm fans i had running. One blowing air from the front of the case and the other at the back blowing air out of the case. When i turned these off temps went up significantly on LOAD to 52C! When i had the fans on, they went back downt o 43C LOAD! No joke. :eek:

The fans are the stock blue LED fans from the Thermaltake Shark case. :)

Edit: Anyway, hitting 2.8GHz now at 255x11 @ 3-3-2-8. Will test this for a few days before going another GHz up. So far 6 hours full load is A OK!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom