**Official Asus A8N32-SLI DELUXE Thread**

Associate
XXXCorps said:
Here's the best advice for all the numerous problems associated with this motherboard...
Fair enough my temps are on the high side, but I'm nothing but happy with the board I have. I think it's more down to the CPU, possibly an error or two on my side and the fact it's a very low RPM fan on the Typhoon and the case is open. I've not really had any problems with it (the only one being the ATI/flat panel signal loss with USB Legacy set to "Auto" in the BIOS).

XXXCorps said:
F##k it off, place on Ebay and replace with an ABit AN8 32X board. It absolutely wipes the floor with the Asus effort in every way possible...
I like Abit (my current IC7-G is possibly one of the best motherboards I've had), but I find your claims hard to believe :)

XXXCorps said:
I think other manufacturers such as Abit and MSI for example have taken a somewhat back seat to see how the performance of the Asus board panned out and address the issues associated with it to ensure their product didn't suffer the same fate.
In a very competitive market no one is voluntarily taking taking a back seat.

Soldato
OP
Boah said:
I've not really had any problems with it (the only one being the ATI/flat panel signal loss with USB Legacy set to "Auto" in the BIOS).
Could ya explain this one for me, i've had my ATI card lose it's signal once or twice and then turn back on again? I can't tell if it is my GPU overclock as i'm sure it could also be GPU recovery.

Associate
Could ya explain this one for me, i've had my ATI card lose it's signal once or twice and then turn back on again? I can't tell if it is my GPU overclock as i'm sure it could also be GPU recovery.
Your problem seem to be different, as what happened to me was: I installed Windows and all was well (but a bit sluggish). I installed the ATI drivers and when rebooting Windows it completely lost the video signal when entering the Windows logon screen. It wasn't even intermittent or anything, it always happened - black screen and no signal.

After looking around for a bit I found (nice to have the current rig to do troubleshooting) a support document on ATIs site covering various 'common problems' with digital flat panels, which suggested trying to 1. disable all USB support in the BIOS, 2. disable legacy USB support in the BIOS, 3. disconnect any USB keyboard or mouse.

I first did #3 and disconnected the USB mouse (keyboard is PS2), then plugged the mouse back in to a different USB port. Both worked in allowing Windows to boot properly. I've now disabled the USB legacy setting the BIOS.

Associate
ok after few days of testing..i love this board :)

FX60 @ 3.4ghz 24/7 stable been going from sat...i wont even bother trying the DFI expert again
ill start another pc project instead

Soldato
OP
Anyone still got the cold boot issue. Everytime i restart Windows, i get nothing. I have to hold the power button for five seconds and restart that way, so much as i now just turn off the thing instead of restart.

"The cold boot problem when overclocking is a known and common issue to any computer that has ever been overclocked. That particular problem occurs because, when a CPU is set to overclock and needs extra voltage to do so, it has to run for a very brief time at default voltage until it can load up the bios and get it running. If it cannot run for those brief moments at the stock voltage, then the bios will not load up, and there will be no extra voltage, and no POST, no boot. In this situation, the fans will start up, lights will come up, but nothing further. This problem can be fixed by setting the default voltage on the CPU bridges (or a wire trick through the socket, same thing) to a high enough voltage to keep the CPU running until the bios loads up."

Associate
hello jokester :)

yess way more stable at high clocks...DFI can bench higher...but only 100% stable @3330
asus 3.4ghz with no problems........my only complait is low voltage but i can live with that.....i tried.DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT/DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-D/Asus A8N-SLi Premium nForce4 SLi.....but this board is best by far
works great with 4xRaptors Raid 0 to

Associate
I don't use a wireless in mine, but have you tried a different PCI slot? It's possible there's an IRQ conflict.

Soldato
Anyone else have the issue where if you plug in a removable bootable device (Ipod, flashdisk, usb hdd, esata hdd) on your next reboot your default boot order is reset? Possibly wont effect some ppl if they are using nvidia sata for booting but since I am using the SI sata for booting I notice it. Wondering if the latest 1103 bios resolves this if anyone has tested it (on the off chance)

Ill test myself tomorrow, along with a full post with my new pc that is based around this mobo. Seriously impresed, the easiest build and overclocking experiance I ever had! 5 *'s to ASUS!

Soldato
Can anybody help me with the Asus website,from the main page i click download it opens a new screen but not in full screen & i can't scroll or increase the screen size to view the full screen?

Associate
You can't get the multiplier past 10 - the 170 has 10x multiplier and all AMDs except the FX series are locked for higher multipliers (but not for lower).

Man of Honour
Have you tried running them in the black slots aswell as the blue? I'm sure I read on another board that someone else had used Gskill and had had good results once the memory settings had been tweaked to match.

Associate
I've tried running 2x black but the system wont post. Is it ok to mix the colours?

I've not done anything to the memory in the bios yet (everything should be set to auto). You you think manualy tweaking them would help?

Back
Top Bottom