**- Official Asus P5K Thread -**

Associate
I think you got a better chip than me. Unless if I slowly condition it (if that even works) I can get near 4ghz!!

I have everything set to auto on this board and only playing with vcore. Hoping this new PSU has something that can help but not seeing it yet!

Associate
Thats a very high VID for a G0 and to be able to run 3.6GHz at just over 1.4v is a great result!! your watercooling must have come good!! I would be well happy with that, pretty sure 3.8GHz is there somewhere :)

Regardless of its VID your G0 is a good performer paired up with your mb and cooling.

Associate
Is anyone running a P5K Premium at 500FSB which is completely and utterly game stable?? I’m at this said frequency which is prime blend and small FFT stable and also memtest stable yet as soon as I run a 3D bench mark or play Crysis the system throws up a BSOD! some games dont though but most do.

It doesn’t matter if my E8400 is at 6*500 (stock 3GHz but with lower multi) or my gfx card is clocked back to stock, as long as my system clock is running at 500FSB it will without doubt BSOD. 490MHz that’s game stable, 500 no chance!

Soldato
Apologies if this is a dumb question (and sorry that I've already asked this in another thread, but only got 1 real answer there)... Are P5K boards happy and stable with 4 DIMMs? Have had a bad experience with my P965 DS3 and am a tad wary now... Plus I have this yearning for a wolfdale in a few months ;)

I've been told the IP35 is solid with 4 memory sticks, but I'd like to grab one of the Asus WiFi boards if they're just as good, cos it'll let me dump a PCI card :D

Thanks for any responses ^^

Associate
Is anyone running a P5K Premium at 500FSB which is completely and utterly game stable?? I’m at this said frequency which is prime blend and small FFT stable and also memtest stable yet as soon as I run a 3D bench mark or play Crysis the system throws up a BSOD! some games dont though but most do.

It doesn’t matter if my E8400 is at 6*500 (stock 3GHz but with lower multi) or my gfx card is clocked back to stock, as long as my system clock is running at 500FSB it will without doubt BSOD. 490MHz that’s game stable, 500 no chance!

Anyone?

Soldato

Didn't you run your Q6600 at 500fsb? That would suggest that your E8400 doesn't like it?

Associate
yup, dont think I ever benched it with any 3d programs though, it may have acted the same with the quad.

Ive pretty much decided to part with the dual core and go back to the Q6600, so this is no longer an issue. Ive been told sometimes when you have load line calibration enabled it can cause instability at high fsb frequencies but I havent had time to confirm this yet.

Soldato
I have my E6400 at 7 x 500 with load line calibration enabled and its 24hour prime stable and I have looped 3dmark06 for about 4 hours without issue. Its not a gaming machine so I havent tried any games but 3dmark didnt have any issues.

Edit: Probably worth to say my board is a P5K-E/WiFi-AP and not a Premium. Didnt think it would make much of a difference being the same family?

Associate
mine was definitely not 3dmark06 stable. but half life ep2 and pretty much all the simbin racing games worked with no issues. would just fall over on crysis and 3dmark

Have a feeling its a wolfdale issue, as a few other people have the same issues with the e8200 (low multi forces them to run high fsb whether they like it or not)

Last edited:
Soldato
yup, dont think I ever benched it with any 3d programs though, it may have acted the same with the quad.

Ive pretty much decided to part with the dual core and go back to the Q6600, so this is no longer an issue. Ive been told sometimes when you have load line calibration enabled it can cause instability at high fsb frequencies but I havent had time to confirm this yet.

Your score in the 3Dmark06 thread is with your q6600@4ghz!?

Associate
Hi guys, Having a few problems getting to 3.6ghz on the q6600 currently using the P5K-E can anyone give me any advice.

Idle Temps

Heres my Load temps after 30 mins would do longer but i aint got the time. Already tested at 8 hrs p95 stable

Thanks

Morrey360

Soldato
seems no one in this thread has the friggin P5K Pro :( lol i cant even see it in the list of motherboards at the beginning...

whats the deal with this board? whats this Jmicron malarky? i have six sata ports, 4 red, 2 black... black they say should be used for DATA only, red for boot... does that mean i have two SATA controllers?

i can install Vista fine in IDE mode, however i want it working in AHCI mode and nothing works! ive tried the registry fix, tried moving disks about to black/red, tried installing vista in ahci mode and loading the latest ahci driver before installation, tried another disk... nothing...

the scary thing is ive searched this thread for AHCI issues and there hardly seems any :eek:

what is the best way to get AHCI working under Vista with the ICH9R chipset?

install Vista via AHCI or IDE mode?

which is the best driver to use? the ASUS one or the intel one?

i have a SATA DVDRW and 4 SATA disks, i dont want to use raid... just install it on one and use the rest as simple data spares. which ports shall i plug them into?

i'm getting pretty desperate now :(

Back
Top Bottom