• Hardcore Rush Mode

Votes: 222 15.4%
  • Normal Conquest

Votes: 507 35.2%
  • Hardcore Conquest

Votes: 229 15.9%

• Total voters
Caporegime
I think I disagree with several of your points.

It doesn't take an entire magazine of bullets to kill people on normal, it's 4/5 bullets tap fired rather than auto.

Hardcore mode is silly easy. Anyone who is even vaguely decent in normal will just own.

XM8-P is easily the best assault rifle, with iron-sights I can still hit people across the map and get kills.
Noob-tube is unnecessary, 40mm shotty or smoke is FAR more fun to kill with.

Tefal would swear by the M24 Sniper rifle.
MG-36 is a monster for the medic, an absolute head-shot machine, just learn to rapid tap-fire rather than full-auto.

Recons are, 90% of the time, useless campers who can't hit a thing; the only time they are any use is up close using c4 and sensor balls.

I want BC3 :(

Well I personally found bc 2 normal mode to be a joke for damage (obviously an entire magazine is an exaggeration but it definitely felt like it took a lot more bullets to take someone down), I find BF 3 and BF 4 damage system to be fine in normal (which is why I don't mind it as much, it is the only mode I play now for those games). I actually did a lot better in normal than hardcore in bc 2 due to:

- mini map + motion balls (recon was my main class as in a close up aggressive player)
- spotting, which was stupidly terrible in bc 2 (one of the other main reasons I avoided normal mode)
- being a sponge for bullets

etc. etc.

Would come first even more with an even better k/d in normal mode compared to hardcore mode but it just wasn't as enjoyable to play imo.

Weapons come down to preference and playstyle in the end. Xm8 was good but I found the M416 and M16 to be better for my playstyle. M24 was also my favourite sniper rifle but the GOL for just pure sniping is better imo due to no scope sway etc.

Yup smoke was very good but I only ever switched to it if we weren't able to get past the defenders, the noobtube was far more useful due to all the people hiding in the windows, behind corners etc. (pretty much anything in bc 2 could be destroyed)

VSS was the best gun out of the entire game imo, absolute beast, 2 pops to the head and the enemy would be down, silent, great for all ranges. Xfactor has uploaded some videos recently of bc 2 and him using it (with the motion balls, c4) and he just destroys people with it.

Man of Honour
The gun balance in hardcore was very different to softcore. The excessive damage output of every weapon meant that basically any weapon that could spam bullets became ridiculously good. In the case of sniper rifles you no longer had to rely on head shots for kills so once again all the quicker firing ones and/or more accurate/speedy ones were better.

Probably no point in descending into a hardcore versus softcore debate again :p They were two very different games. Personally I thought softcore was superior. Not everyone agrees. It's not a big deal :)

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Miss this game ever time I see BF news I think about reinstalling it, use to love using the Thompson and the M1 as a sniper in this game :D

Soldato
Myself and BaDBoY have started playing BC2 again, so if you add us as friends in BC2 (BaDBoY_uK & Wescar) then hopefully we can relive the good old days of this game, just be prepared to be out of your league in terms of movements if you're coming from BF3 or BF4, it takes a bit of getting used to.

Back
Top Bottom