Votes: 222 15.4%
  • Normal Conquest

Votes: 507 35.2%
  • Hardcore Conquest

Votes: 229 15.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
i miss the days going hunting with my smoke launcher :(:cool:

hehe I must have had 1000+ kills with ol' smokey :)

Drill kills were always a laugh too.

was good fun, played a few maps, done ok, shame about the blooming snipers on some maps, not moving.

We used to smoke troll camping snipers, drop an ammo box and just keep smoke launching at their feet so they can't see anything.

Soldato
Feb 2010, BETA month, what a great time. In 5 years and 3 (?) Battlefield titles since then they still haven't bettered it.

nope and never will.
played with friends once and said, gonan go knife them all on africa harbour so made 30 knife kills and my buddies was laughing so hard.

another round we were down and loosing the match so I called them retards and the chat was filled with stuff so we won the match with a few points as they were focused on chatting and we on killing them.
buddies laughed so hard as it was truly epic as I told them that is how you win a match with psychological warfare :D

me and my buddy played on a polish server, our team won the game but the admin on the other team said it best, we loose agaisnt two guys as we had bit over 100 kills togheter and our team didnt have that in combined.

won webhallens price on their server for bc2 once and it took them a long time to give me my price.

fun days.:D

Soldato
Just a heads up, there are still loads of active servers in this game!!

Just reinstalled it last night and holy hell it absolutely destroys any of the recent BF games, haven't had this much fun in ages!!

Hit detection is spot on, perfectly sized maps for 32 players.

Associate
the best battlefield game full stop, weapons are balanced the maps are slightly linear and makes promotes teamwork, everything is better, it's just head and shoulders above the newer games

Soldato
Damn right, such a lovely blend of maps too.

Desert, Alpine, Jungle etc

Couldn't beleive how easy it was to just mow people down and snipe.

My origin name is forum name if anyone fancy's a game, think this will be my main game for a while.

Soldato
Holy thread revival!

BFBC2 was good, but I don't agree it's necessarily the best.
The problem is that for each BF, DICE gives with one hand and takes with another. IMO BC2, BF3, BF4 and BF1 all have something which makes them better in some regard, but none have it all..

The destruction and map design (for rush at least) in BC2 is superb. Balance between air and ground*, lack of prone, and no strafe run is not so hot. And it doesn't integrate with the origin on battlelog friends lists.

*After the slowed down the dart it became very difficult to hit a good heli pilot.

Vietnam expansion was epic fun, but last time i looked, I could find vanilla servers but no one playing vietnam.

Edit: Also the gun balance wasn't great, if you had worked out how to use the AN-94, you won..
(2 rounds, in one spot, and capable of breaching the supposed RPM by fast clicking..)

It was certainly a blast to play at the time.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Still the most fun ive had with an mp game, never really got into bf3 and after playing the bf4 alpha never pick up another bf game after that. BC2 map design and destruction still remains unbeaten imo.

I was usually a sniper with a Thompson, only sniper in bc2 that liked close combat no wookie hill for me :p

Soldato
MoRT489;30489481 said:
Nah, best way to play is a rush sniper - SV98 one-shot kills, C4 and motion balls makes you a rushing maniac :D

There was me thinking the correct tactic was to smother a UAV with c4 and fly it to the objective..

Or just flatten an objective building from the other side of a hill with AA or MBT.. :p

Back
Top Bottom