*****Official BBQ Thread - Suns out, Buns out!*****

Soldato
Thats a good idea on the kindling in the middle, i might give that a go. My other thinking was to get a second chimney starter and so don't need to fill it as full (although on Saturday i ended up refilling the chimney starter. Probably not needed, but with 15 people round i didn't want to run any risks!

Soldato
Yeah I've had it in the past, got 2 boxes in the garage and can't remember which is in which unfortunately so not sure what I've just run out of. but both are pretty low on supply!

Soldato
Has anyone got a good slaw recipe or something to match the richness of brisket or pulled pork?

Secondly what’s the verdict on T&G burgers? They look and sound great but a pricey!

taB

taB

Associate
Secondly what’s the verdict on T&G burgers? They look and sound great but a pricey!

Haven't used them for a while. Do you mean the Black Label box? Wow it's north of £20 / kg. I spend a lot more than I should on meat but that seems excessive.

And on chimney starters, I use tea lights under the newspaper in the bottom which works brilliantly

I use Woodies or equivalent. 1 per time. No newspaper. Not failed me yet.

Soldato
Has anyone got a good slaw recipe or something to match the richness of brisket or pulled pork?

I made this recipe a few weeks back and can recommend it. I'd definitely make it again.

T&G burgers are awesome, the Blue Label ones especially! Every time I place an order from there, I always buy a pack of those or the butchers dogs to stick in the freezer.

Soldato
I love a homemade slaw, but my tip would be to get it a bit more finely sliced than that picture shows. And don't be shy about discarding the outer bits of onion and cabbage, it's not so great when you're chewing through thick fibrous bits.

Man of Honour
Just bought myself a Green Egg with a load of bits. Arrives 20th May, somewhat excited (being and understated Englishman, so I mean REALLY excited :cry:)

Back
Top Bottom