*****Official BBQ Thread - Suns out, Buns out!*****

Soldato
Only 2nd time using my WMT and as 1st time was a disaster. I kept it simple with standard bbq foods.

20210509-124525.jpg

After this I then got some late birthday presents and acquired a Meater Bluetooth thermometer and a vortex. So now should be ready to do some more things with it.

Soldato
T&G burgers are awesome, the Blue Label ones especially! Every time I place an order from there, I always buy a pack of those or the butchers dogs to stick in the freezer.

Can confirm - such a flavoursome burger compared to the usual. Expensive but worth a go as you might just love them!

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Among other things, I have a 1.5kg wagyu brisket coming next week and the wife wants it smoked; makes me a little nervous as I haven't done a brisket that small before on the Weber master touch! Always open to suggestions, the last two I done turned out alright but we're 2-3x the size so a little more forgiving!

Soldato
Among other things, I have a 1.5kg wagyu brisket coming next week and the wife wants it smoked; makes me a little nervous as I haven't done a brisket that small before on the Weber master touch! Always open to suggestions, the last two I done turned out alright but we're 2-3x the size so a little more forgiving!
Flat or point? Consider injecting? Wrap it early, I would forgo bark for internal juiciness.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Flat or point? Consider injecting? Wrap it early, I would forgo bark for internal juiciness.
Don't know until it turns up, unfortunately! Personally I don't do injections, and with the high fat content it shouldn't really dry out unless I run way too hot which by and large won't happen as it sits out of the wind for the most part. Think I'll stay away from hickory for the smoke as well, it's get overpowering too quickly and I don't really want to mask the beefiness!

Soldato
I'm not an injector either, that was just an idea for trying to keep a flat moist. But I forgot you said wagyu, so hopefully you'll be fine on the marbling front.

I thought hickory was fine for beef, same sort of strength as oak which is a staple for brisket? What do you mean sits out of the wind?

Soldato

Nice, get some pics up when it's done! :) Hopefully with the amount of fat in the wagyu it should go pretty smoothly.

Soldato
My tip is good luck with a 65 quid smoker :D

If you want some reading material to get started:

General techniques for smoking
BBQ And Grilling Quick Start Guide: The Meathead Method (amazingribs.com)

Long forum thread about a smoker similar to yours and how to make it work well for proper low n slow cooks
Landmann Kentucky offset smoker - Reviews - WoodSmoke Forum

Bonus reading, look at the previous 10/15 pages of this thread. Plenty of tips given over time, which are often repeated.

There's an awful lot to know altogether, so try and gather some basic knowledge, then specific questions are much better to ask.

Welcome aboard!

Permabanned
My tip is good luck with a 65 quid smoker :D

If you want some reading material to get started:

General techniques for smoking
BBQ And Grilling Quick Start Guide: The Meathead Method (amazingribs.com)

Long forum thread about a smoker similar to yours and how to make it work well for proper low n slow cooks
Landmann Kentucky offset smoker - Reviews - WoodSmoke Forum

Bonus reading, look at the previous 10/15 pages of this thread. Plenty of tips given over time, which are often repeated.

There's an awful lot to know altogether, so try and gather some basic knowledge, then specific questions are much better to ask.

Welcome aboard!

thank you will check that out.

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom