*****Official BBQ Thread - Suns out, Buns out!*****

Soldato
Ah interesting. Only interaction I've had is buying from the shop when he's seemed really nice, good to talk to about cooking and more BBQ knowledgeable than your average butcher. Good engagement on fb too.

That's fairly unforgivable forgetting a christmas order, I'd be fuming.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Nice, get some pics up when it's done! :) Hopefully with the amount of fat in the wagyu it should go pretty smoothly.
Disaster! Picked the beef up Wednesday and they forgot the brisket - I'm almost heart broken! Emailed the chap and explained and he's completely out, so swapping it out for a topside (which is still perfectly fine, but I was really looking forward to the brisket!!) And throwing in an extra steak as an apology for the mix up. I can't really complain because it will all taste fantastic regardless, still worth the money despite the jump in price compared to the last lot I ordered.

Will still be getting the Weber out this weekend though, going to try some pork belly burnt ends / candy with the last bit of meat left over from my last T&G order. A little nervous due to the weather but should be a much shorter cook compared to the last few :D

Permabanned
Disaster! Picked the beef up Wednesday and they forgot the brisket - I'm almost heart broken! Emailed the chap and explained and he's completely out, so swapping it out for a topside (which is still perfectly fine, but I was really looking forward to the brisket!!) And throwing in an extra steak as an apology for the mix up. I can't really complain because it will all taste fantastic regardless, still worth the money despite the jump in price compared to the last lot I ordered.

Will still be getting the Weber out this weekend though, going to try some pork belly burnt ends / candy with the last bit of meat left over from my last T&G order. A little nervous due to the weather but should be a much shorter cook compared to the last few :D

which butcher ?

Soldato
I'm wondering if I also need a Vortex too.

If you like wings, you need a Vortex! It's one of the best bits of kit I've bought and it gets used a surprising amount. It's great for steaks as well.

Disaster! Picked the beef up Wednesday and they forgot the brisket

Sad times! :(

ordered from turner and george for delivery a week friday so loads of time to get the order right.

I was going to reply saying I've never had an issue with them before but I've just had an order arrive from them today and the picanha steaks are missing. :( Luckily they were just to stick in the freezer so I wasn't desperate for them for meals over the weekend.

Soldato
Is the Vortex good for just general BBQ'ing? I don't do anything fancy like smoking or slow cooking but knowing how good a chimney starter has made my BBQ life, I'm wondering if I also need a Vortex too.

Just look at @Street ’s pictures of wings and you’ll be convinced! So easy to do chicken on the bone with indirect heat and has the bonus of being able to generate smoke at the same time. The heat from it also gives lamb chops and beef steaks a great char!

I use the vortex more often than not at the moment as I just love BBQ wings!

Have you got a kettle BBQ?

Permabanned
If you like wings, you need a Vortex! It's one of the best bits of kit I've bought and it gets used a surprising amount. It's great for steaks as well.

Sad times! :(

I was going to reply saying I've never had an issue with them before but I've just had an order arrive from them today and the picanha steaks are missing. :( Luckily they were just to stick in the freezer so I wasn't desperate for them for meals over the weekend.

Oh dear I hope they get my order right

Soldato
I think that's the first time they've ever missed anything off and I've placed a lot of orders with them over the years! They're on the ball and have refund me for them already.

Associate
Pondering ordering from Turner and George, Looking at getting a Brisket to slow cook on the BBQ along with some sausages and burgers ready for the sun to appear! has anyone that's ordered from here got any feedback on their burgers/sausages and has anyone tried the butchers dogs?

Permabanned
Pondering ordering from Turner and George, Looking at getting a Brisket to slow cook on the BBQ along with some sausages and burgers ready for the sun to appear! has anyone that's ordered from here got any feedback on their burgers/sausages and has anyone tried the butchers dogs?

i have ordered for next friday

187972117_4013494278738752_4643548850421473689_n.png

Soldato

The Butchers Dogs are expensive but are hands down my favourite hot dogs! The Blue Label burgers are fantastic as well. I always try and keep a pack of each in the freezer.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Today's go: pork belly burnt ends. Used Killer Hobs Barbecue The BBQ Rub, cut into 1 1/2" cubes; 2 hours smoking (applewood) at ~130-140C; thrown into a covered foil tray (or two) with brown sugar, some honey and butter for another 90 minutes; drained and tossed with glaze (2 parts apple juice, 1 part sauce - Sauce Shop Original - and reduced down for 10 minutes) and blasted with remainder of heat uncovered for 10 minutes.

Excuse the bad photos...
Wy5MekJ.jpeg

gzu300i.jpeg

VLxLAZc.jpeg

imynrta.jpeg

Safe to say I'll definitely be doing this again! They were absolutely sublime and melt in the mouth. My only regret is it's not going to last beyond today :D

Back
Top Bottom