*** Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Thread***

Associate
Just played it after a few months away from it...disaster !!! hacks galore.

Yeah what the hell!! I thought I'd play a couple of games after a long break and first game I join it set all players ranks to lvl 70 and now I'm stuck with it?!?!

I'm worried now... I don't want to get banned :(

Caporegime
all the hackers are using warezd copys of the game anyway, that combined with VAC taking month to do its stuff, yeah its pretty much free reign if you want.

+75% of people call "hacker" the minute they get killed by anyone that can learn to play an incredibly simplistic fps.

Soldato
Yeah what the hell!! I thought I'd play a couple of games after a long break and first game I join it set all players ranks to lvl 70 and now I'm stuck with it?!?!

I'm worried now... I don't want to get banned :(

Yeah that happened to me to. I was already near enough at level 60 so it didn't bother me.

It sort of took me onto a hacked server with no gravity and the like. It was pretty strange. :o

Permabanned
Can I ask a silly question. If you buy DLC maps, how do you get to play them? Do they just get added to the existing maps and then you have to rely on random luck whether the computer picks one of them or not?

Hmm I guess this answers my question: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1486340

And: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1484818

Sounds rather rubbish?

Just thought I'd update this - I bought both DLC map packs and they are working fine for me, I haven't had the problems some people reported in those Valve forum threads. There are plenty of other people with those maps online and I've been playing with a full complement of players so I'm happy :)

So don't be put off buying them if you think nobody else will be playing those maps.

Associate
Not had the game long as I bought it when it was 33% off on Steam. Enjoying ranking up and getting unlocks and make my way to 32.

Just connected to a random server and it automatically put me to Rank 70 with all unlocks etc. Majorly annoyed. Restarted the game but the rank 70 is still there.

Does anyone know how to get back to what I was before?

Associate
Not had the game long as I bought it when it was 33% off on Steam. Enjoying ranking up and getting unlocks and make my way to 32.

Just connected to a random server and it automatically put me to Rank 70 with all unlocks etc. Majorly annoyed. Restarted the game but the rank 70 is still there.

Does anyone know how to get back to what I was before?

This happened to me as well :(

You can reset to level 1 by deleted everything in:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty modern warfare 2\players

and also in:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\28111915\10190\remote

You can back up these folders so that you can restore your level at any time as well :) hope this helps.

Associate
I'm Disturbance on there BTW
Who needs team mates?

End score 7500 - 7400

Clarification: Playing MW2 because BO is boring. Even though every other MW2 game is G18s or tubes, it's still exciting. And no, I don't use tubes or G18s. Principle.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm too busy playing alterIWnet these days. I have purchased MW2 2 times (once for my brother) so I have paid for this game and then some. I'm loving the promod. No tubes, g18's etc. Like 24/7 clan wars with CB rules.

Associate
I hate hacks and never used them, however some people call me a hacker as I am good player.
Used to play with tubes, but never used it anymore, Ak47, in some maps sniper!

Here's one of my recent scores:

iw4mp20110523004324625.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

iw4mp20110426213057713.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom