*** Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Thread***

Associate
There argument is that people no longer need to pay/setup dedicated servers to play the game they want, everythings included "in the box", people no longer need to belong to communitys with there own various rules, and that its quicker to simply jump into the game and play. While there is some truth in this, surely they could have provided a better option than simply removing the normal method. Both or a hybrid would have been an awesome feature, one that would probably of had the complete opposite of the mess we have now (normal peeps ? hit matchmaking, the hardcore/community/mod types ? go dedicated). Everyone would have been happy. Saying it would split the community is stupid, because they already will be with the Private match bit.

Soldato
There argument is that people no longer need to pay/setup dedicated servers to play the game they want, everythings included "in the box", people no longer need to belong to communitys with there own various rules, and that its quicker to simply jump into the game and play. While there is some truth in this, surely they could have provided a better option than simply removing the normal method.

Yer, AV could pony up some of their own game servers spread around the world instead of leeching my BW for it via P2P

Soldato
Modern Warfare 2 Airport

Modern Warfare 2 Airport ******** Live - Current Event

This is the Modern Warfare 2 video that Activision doesn't want you to see, in which you play a CIA operative undercover as a terrorist who mows down dozens of innocent civilians in an airport.

Activision has since had the video removed from YouTube, MetaCritic and every other video hosting website that has attempted to show you this content because they do not want the bad publicity that the More.. shocking and violent content within will undoubtedly bring, especially from mass media news outlets.
http://www.********.com/item?a=view&token=364_1256689255

Soldato
Just a heads up really, posted in another thread but this is the official one;

Modern Warfare 2
CD-Keys If you attempt to activate the game before the retail release date, you will receive the message "Invalid CD Key". You will be able to activate your CD Key on the retail release date, currently set for November 10th.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1968-HKLX-7538

Associate
Yea that shop is pretty 'cool' for doing it so cheap.

Shame they have ruined the game, I cancelled my pre-order from there.

;) Cheers mate. Just got it, and found it.

Was going to get it on the 360, but it seems it has just died, again. Keeps freezing no matter what i try :(.

May preorder it now from that place, but i doubt i will get it by Tuesday :(.

Last edited:
Caporegime
wondering if my PC will cope with MW2
it's an E8400 @ 3.6ghz, and an 8800gts 512
or would I be better getting it for the PS3 ?

if you want it for SP go for the pc.

if you want it for MP go for the ps3 tbh (never thought I'd find myself saying that :/)

You'll still have the same lag from it being p2p, but the fact you're using a stick and autoaim will make it less noticeable than it would be on the pc.

Caporegime
;) Cheers mate. Just got it, and found it.

Was going to get it on the 360, but it seems it has just died, again. Keeps freezing no matter what i try :(.

May preorder it now from that place, but i doubt i will get it by Tuesday :(.

you might be happy to know that that shop has been shipping games with "not to be sold in the uk" printed on the box

So you may find steam tells you to sod off when you come to register it. :)

Back
Top Bottom