*** Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Thread***

Soldato
you might be happy to know that that shop has been shipping games with "not to be sold in the uk" printed on the box

So you may find steam tells you to sod off when you come to register it. :)

Actually I thought this at first but I realised both discs have the BBFC 18 logo on them and the booklet is also the UK one which proves its the UK version. The case is actually the European non UK version as its got the PEGI 18 logo on it.

So UK discs, UK booklet, in a non UK DVD case !

Associate
Meh, I'll play it safe and pop into a shop on Tuesday and trade in some of my 360 games to pay for this then.

This may have been asked before, but, all of the online shops say that the PC release date is the 10th, but Steam says the 11th. Now, if i go to a store on Tuesday to get if, will i not be able to play until Wednesday? (Most places say that you have to activate it using Steam?)

Really sorry if this was asked earlier in the thread.

Associate
Are you sure your not just mixing up the way the americans write dates and the way we do? Remember its month for them first then date in the month.

11-10-2009 is the same as out 10-11-2009.

Am sure it's tuesday.

Associate
Ah, quite possibly. Just assumed the UK Steam would write the date the correct way :p

Well, my Steam is saying;

Coming to Steam 11/12/2009
Pre-Purchase Today

worse than i thought, lol.

Edit: But when you click the banner, it says;

Available: 12 November 2009
This game will unlock in approximately 4 days and 1 hour

Soldato
So, people are saying that you have to activate it using Steam. if Steam aren't unlocking their copies until Wednesday, surely we won't be able to unlock our copies using Steam until Wednesday either?

Retail and steam copies have different licensing I would assume.

Once again,
Retail copies will be unlocked on Steam on Tuesday.
Copies purchased directly from Steam will be unlocked on Steam on Wednesday.

Associate
So people are still going ahead and buying this then? No dedicated servers, no mods, 9vs9 max, no leaning. The multiplayer is going to be atrocious. I was really looking forward to the game as well :(
I held off cancelling my preorder,

Do not post images containing competitor banners!

hoping it was all some terrible mistake and IW were going to say "robert bowling got completely the wrong end of this stick, he's just some misinformed PR guy, the pc version is going to ROCK!"

Permabanned
Have preordered it, but only so i can play with ocuk members as they all on cod5 instead of cod4 which i play. unless im wrong ?

I neeeeeeeeeeed a clan! otherwise gaming is boring!

Associate
So people are still going ahead and buying this then? No dedicated servers, no mods, 9vs9 max, no leaning. The multiplayer is going to be atrocious. I was really looking forward to the game as well :(

Yes people will still buy it mainly for the single player , i suspect you will too when you read the reviews.

No mods ? couldn't care less
No leaning ? wtf - hardly a biggie is it , fs :rolleyes:
9v9 - more team work and less of a spamfest , good move.

Just a big lollers at your post period......

Associate

I'm not sure what that means, but p2p multiplayer means high pings and unreliable connections, does this not worry you?

Yes people will still buy it mainly for the single player , i suspect you will too when you read the reviews.

No, I won't be paying 35 quid for a 5 hour single player campaign, that would be ludicrous.

Soldato

No mods ? couldn't care less
No leaning ? wtf - hardly a biggie is it , fs :rolleyes:
9v9 - more team work and less of a spamfest , good move.

35 quid for 5 hour SP?.......

Are you joking?

I wouldn't pay 5 quid for 5 hour SP.

You may not care about the three things you listed but what about:

High latency due to a lot of people having poor upload speeds and hosting
Host advantage
Being stuck playing with people who are yelling, abusive, racist, 12 year olds
Being rematched with those same yelling, abusive, racist, 12 year olds
Most people wont be able to host 9v9 games, more like 5v5 if lucky
HAVING TO PAY FOR DLC (lolololol seriously?......seriously you're going to do that?)
Having to go through the process of joining a lobby and waiting around for players/games rather than hopping in a server and playing straight away
Not being able to play with friends from other countries due to different and varying pings

Why on earth would you pay 35 pounds, and then extra for future DLC, for this experience?

Last edited:
Associate
as I said most people are buying this for the single player.

Try reading.

This just isn't true, I don't know where you're getting your information from. Cod is all about the multiplayer and most people just see the single player campaign as a nice bonus, not vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom