*** Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Thread***

Soldato
You would spend £35 on a night out , and as I said most people are buying this for the single player.

Try reading.

Actually probably 99% of people buy cod for the multiplayer. Probably more, and play the campaign through a couple times at most. Hence why so many people who are no longer interested in the multiplayer have said they will just torrent the SP (not me) because it's not worth the cash.

But why would you spend 35 pounds on a companies product who has basically given you the two fingers? Let alone when you can get that product for free (and play your precious single player)

Associate
So people are still going ahead and buying this then? No dedicated servers, no mods, 9vs9 max, no leaning. The multiplayer is going to be atrocious. !"

Well gee yeah, believe it or not some of us don't give a hoot about the multiplayer. I never played multiplayer matches in previous CoD games and I dare say I probably won't for this one.

35 quid for 5 hour SP?.......
I guess you've already played it then?

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes people will still buy it mainly for the single player , i suspect you will too when you read the reviews.

No mods ? couldn't care less
No leaning ? wtf - hardly a biggie is it , fs :rolleyes:
9v9 - more team work and less of a spamfest , good move.

Just a big lollers at your post period......

This is actually the first time I have read about the above limitations. I have to agree with tong though - who cares?

Associate
who cares?

Only every pc gamer I've spoken to :eek: I can understand the apathy if you don't play online though, but why would you buy cod and NOT play online? It would be like buying a car and never driving it, just sitting in it, honking the horn while you watched the telly.

Soldato
You've gotta laugh at the 'boycotters' trying to justify downloading it for free. You do realise that THIS IS WHAT LANDED YOU IN THIS SITUATION, don't you?

It's only going to get worse as well.

Keep on downloading, entirely up to you, but don't come back crying in a few years time when PC gaming REALLY is dead - or at the very least the MP side of it.

Me? I love PCs, I love consoles - both offer lots of great things. I've played PC games for MANY years, I don't want to see it go under as I know how good it is...but you're REALLY going about this the wrong way.

Soldato
You've gotta laugh at the 'boycotters' trying to justify downloading it for free. You do realise that THIS IS WHAT LANDED YOU IN THIS SITUATION, don't you?

Actually piracy has absoloutley nothing to do with it. Pirate servers don't even account for 1% of the cod4 servers.

No, this has to do with Activison wanting to prevent mods and force people to pay for DLC - turning a 35 pound purchase into a 45 pound purchase.

Associate
You would spend £35 on a night out , and as I said most people are buying this for the single player.

Try reading.

yeah id spend more on a night out , but who the hell spends £35 on a night in ?
the arguement is silly ...if you want to buy it go ahead.....if not then dont stop others from doing so.....

as for piracy this game was on torrents last week for the XBOX ....so the point is invalid.

Associate
I can understand the apathy if you don't play online though, but why would you buy cod and NOT play online? It would be like buying a car and never driving it, just sitting in it, honking the horn while you watched the telly.

Nope. It wouldn't be anything like buying a car and not driving it.

I never said I'd never played or play online (Quake 2 to death, Q3, Q4. Kingpin & Half Life 2 etc...) The CoD games never interested me until the 4th installment and when that one came out, I devoted what little spare time I had to HL2 multiplayer. Tuesday when MD2 comes out, I'll be playing The single player game. If I get chance, I might try the multiplayer side of the game, but honestly, if that didn't ship with the game, I couldn't give a ship :)

Caporegime
You do realise that THIS IS WHAT LANDED YOU IN THIS SITUATION, don't you?

You keep saying this but IW have satted that matchmaking and no dedicated servers has nothing to do with piracy.

only the steam stuff is to do with piracy.

So no they didn't land themselves in this situation

IW says that gameplay concerns for the majority of MW2 players are the overriding reasons for the decision.

Zampella downplays the obvious piracy prevention angle

"The Steam stuff helps with the piracy. I don't know that the matchmaking stuff does,

He points toward the mounting feedback IW has received from PC fans of Modern Warfare who couldn't find a decent server to play on between all of the cheaters, the insular communities, and huge skill level disparities that the original game's community fractured into

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2009/10/20/modern-warfare-2-dedicated-server-response.aspx

Idiots who are **** at the game and get killed by people better than them so go and complain to IW are the people who landed us in this situation.

Caporegime

It's only going to get worse as well.

Keep on downloading, entirely up to you, but don't come back crying in a few years time when PC gaming REALLY is dead - or at the very least the MP side of it.

Me? I love PCs, I love consoles - both offer lots of great things. I've played PC games for MANY years, I don't want to see it go under as I know how good it is...but you're REALLY going about this the wrong way.

You do realise that games are pirated for the 360 wayyy before PC games are.

I've found one for 360 that was released on Monday and only one today that has been released for PC. Oh and the PC one is a Steam version.

Associate
The game play looks great to me however i'm concerned at the lag. Not really bothered about dedicated servers bla bla, just the lag. Can anybody state what ping is likely in a game? Where is the evidence that it will be high pings, on the Xbox and PS3 it seems fine so why does it a make a diff on a PC, after all its the same connection isn't it? As you may be able to tell I don't know anything about this subject so could someone fill me in on some info :D

Caporegime
i did post a few links just google live feed mw2 ;)

ive seen almost all the levels / maps been played its shoebox action at its best.

this coming from a cod whore whos had every game on release since cod 1 and spent thousands of hrs on them :p

i actually spent a hr the other night arguing with few of my friends who were sayinng you will buy it dgeeee :p but im am sticking to my guns and waiting for battlefield beta then actual game then avp .

Associate
The game play looks great to me however i'm concerned at the lag. Not really bothered about dedicated servers bla bla, just the lag. Can anybody state what ping is likely in a game? Where is the evidence that it will be high pings, on the Xbox and PS3 it seems fine so why does it a make a diff on a PC, after all its the same connection isn't it? As you may be able to tell I don't know anything about this subject so could someone fill me in on some info :D

The pings all depend on who the host is, and that person is random (supposedly will be the best out of everyone but it's still no where near dedicated server like connections). IW said something along the lines of a 100 ping.

Reason it is different on the PC is because the gameplay is generally much faster. A lot of that was to do with bigger servers but more than that, you are just so much quicker on a mouse and keyboard than you can be on a pad. Plus they have auto aim etc so the lag is less of an issue.

Caporegime
The game play looks great to me however i'm concerned at the lag. Not really bothered about dedicated servers bla bla, just the lag. Can anybody state what ping is likely in a game?

the devs have said 100+

Where is the evidence that it will be high pings,

the nature of networks really all pc game hosted locally have high pings, try hosting a 9v9 game locally on counterstrike, or even a 4v4 on l4d etc.

and remember someone pc has to do all the work of a server while doing all the gfx as well, so it;s not just ping that will be a problem but the "server" not being able to cope.

on the Xbox and PS3 it seems fine so why does it a make a diff on a PC, after all its the same connection isn't it? As you may be able to tell I don't know anything about this subject so could someone fill me in on some info :D

Because on an xbox you use a controller and essentially a mild aimbot not a mouse and your own reflexes.

lag is much much more noticeable on the pc as you're doing all the aiming the game won;t lock your cross-hair or divert bullets onto target even if the crosshair is not on target.

Back
Top Bottom