*** Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Thread***

Soldato
Well reports of lag free gaming are positive but it still doesnt change the fact you cant mod, have more than 9v9, kick/ban, you have silly tac nukes list goes on.

Associate
Well reports of lag free gaming are positive but it still doesnt change the fact you cant mod, have more than 9v9, kick/ban, you have silly tac nukes list goes on.

This is true but frankly, it's better than having lag on the top as well lol.

Tbh, the 9v9 thing doesn't annoy me in the slightest, I never really went on bigger servers than that in MW1 anyway, it wasn't designed for loads of players IMO. The only map that could support maybe 32 players properly was Strike, the rest were way too damn small.

Soldato
This is true but frankly, it's better than having lag on the top as well lol.

Tbh, the 9v9 thing doesn't annoy me in the slightest, I never really went on bigger servers than that in MW1 anyway, it wasn't designed for loads of players IMO. The only map that could support maybe 32 players properly was Strike, the rest were way too damn small.

I take it the game no longer has friendly fire then since you can't kick ragers? How does the game play with the map rounds being so short vs the 20 minutes+ or so from CoD4?

Soldato
You have to unlock it first, you have to sacrifice one of your other kill streak rewards to use it, and you have to manage to get 25kills to use it...

Well i dont see sacrificing another reward as an issue seeing as you win the game as soon as you use it.
I can forsee campers sitting in some dark corner trying to achieve that 25 streak the entire match. Considering the rouns are shorter i agree this may be difficult to achieve, well see i guess.

Associate
i find it funny really that people are suprised that on some servers theres no lag... tbh thats to be expected no. well done youre the lucky one whos managed to find someone else whos got a good connection. sometimes itl be good... other times itl be baaaaad.
dedicated servers are always good
ive also heard that the hit registration is all over the place. is that true?

Associate
On the topic of kicking & FF dispute, surely the game operates a "you tk twice or three times - you're out" kinda thing? I don't see why the game couldn't have a L4D kind of kick system either, with the ability for the server to take a vote?

Associate
Just completed 2 games online. Not one bit of lag. Joined the game INSTANTLY after i pressed to search for a game. No complaints so far.

Also, does nobody use a mic for this game either? :confused:

im fairly sure you cant... heard something about you not being able to use one for the xbox (or not being able to just hear your team or something) i may have got the wrong end of the stick.
and anyway how do you really know about lag if all you get is a bar?

also hit registration?

again im not fussed about big maps 32 players always seemed abit of a mess to me, but the reason we buy pc games is to have flexibility.
want to have loads of players? no problem
want to have your own map which is just a big square with a block in the middle? no problem.
want to change the fov so you dont puke every five mins? no problem.
want to play with only bolt rifles so you dont just get spray and prayers? no problem.
want to kick cheaters moaners etc? no problem.

nadda for mw2

Last edited:
Soldato
On the topic of kicking & FF dispute, surely the game operates a "you tk twice or three times - you're out" kinda thing? I don't see why the game couldn't have a L4D kind of kick system either, with the ability for the server to take a vote?

I'd hope so, otherwise I'm having fun with a few HE grenades at spawn. :p

Permabanned
anyone found a good deal at retail? heard supermarkets are selling the console version cheap, dont know about the pc version though.

Back
Top Bottom