*** Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Thread***

Associate
No skill needed.. Just point the gun in the rough direction, and thats it.
To me it's the kind of game you'd hope to find in a arcade with the force feedback guns, blast away for a laugh.

hmmz well maybe ill buy it for a tenner then. not into just a laugh for 30 quid. i want a fulfilling experience.
thx for the reply btw

As i tried to say last night though, which big FPS multiplayer has had a flawless launch with zero issues?

Problem with MW2 is that even the slightest issue is going to be blown up into "OMG epic fail, told ya so!!!!!!"

Read the second part of my previous post. Then try again. :mad:

Also remember I am interested in impartial answers like Black Badgers. Also remember that hit registration is linked to ping, but they are different. Green bar means less than 100 and there is a big difference between 100 ping and 0 ping.

Soldato
No skill needed.. Just point the gun in the rough direction, and thats it.
To me it's the kind of game you'd hope to find in a arcade with the force feedback guns, blast away for a laugh.

Isnt that the norm for console shooters though?

Really hope thats not the case for SP mode... can anyone confirm?

Associate
Sounds better than we hoped. However I heard that there were lots of problems last night with finding/joining games, these fixed this morning? (Tbh, the instant one of you already posted says there were NO issues last night then you lose all credibility as I've heard that there were from numerous sources.)

There was an update right after i installed it so maybe it was fixed?

Oh and i installed it around 10am

Soldato
agree completley, if you dont want to buy the game get out the thread, simple as.

Lucky weve got you to think for us... ooh and as IW are thinking for you we can all be robots.

A lot of people are interested in this for various reasons. Public forum, public thread, dont want to hear bad stuff dont read. Simple as.

Soldato
Isnt that the norm for console shooters though?

Really hope thats not the case for SP mode... can anyone confirm?

Its the norm for Call Of Duty after United Offensive. I stopped playing after COD 2 due to the fact it was too arcadey to aim and kill people.

It does look good though but i wont be buying it.

Associate
im also fairly ****ed that people are venerating iw's behaviour towards pc gamers by standing up for them. i dont think anyone could say that they werent condescending/ downright insulting in their attitude to this all, so by saying that theres no issues with this game (giving it 10/10 even tho its clearly horribly flawed (no chooosing maps etc)) just allows companies to continue to behave like that.
its also an encouragement for any other game company who cant be arsed to properly port for pc... if this game does well on pc get ready for a slew of lazy games developers doing exactly the same thing

Last edited:
Soldato
Its the norm for Call Of Duty after United Offensive. I stopped playing after COD 2 due to the fact it was too arcadey to aim and kill people.

It does look good though but i wont be buying it.

I dont remember there being any auto aim on CoD2/MW (on pc) - there may have been an option but you could always use iron sights / skill iirc :confused:

Associate
To the people whinging that it's too easy to kill stuff, the guns don't have enough recoil, point and shoot etc, I have to ask - have you never played a previous COD game?!

Soldato
I dont remember there being any auto aim on CoD2/MW (on pc) - there may have been an option but you could always use iron sights / skill iirc :confused:

Yeah sorry, i didn't mean auto aim etc. Its just almost too easy to kill people, massive cross-hair on the screen. Just doesn't feel right for me. I prefer a challenge.

Associate
im really looking forward to a game that has realistic bullet dynamics. like not being able to fire a machine gun from the hip while moving. one bullet a death to the head and depends on where you hit them with ni life regening.
anyone else feel something like that would be refreshing.
i used to play splinter cell pandora tomorrow mp because it was such a different take on gaming until they decided to make it more 'fun' by making it concoley and rubbish. seems the sames gonna happen to most fps'

Soldato
im really looking forward to a game that has realistic bullet dynamics. like not being able to fire a machine gun from the hip while moving. one bullet a death to the head and depends on where you hit them with ni life regening.
anyone else feel something like that would be refreshing.
i used to play splinter cell pandora tomorrow mp because it was such a different take on gaming until they decided to make it more 'fun' by making it concoley and rubbish. seems the sames gonna happen to most fps'

Ah, You need to play Red Orchestra my friend. That would be right up your street. Based on WW2 and looks slightly dated but it still delivers everything a realistic shooter should. I do recommend you try it. If you have steam let me know your gamertag and we'll hook up sometime and i will run you through it.

Back
Top Bottom