**OFFICIAL** Carling Cup Final Thread - Aston Villa Vs. Man Utd - 28/2/10 - Wembley

Soldato
?

Man United are 2/5 to win it, Villa 15/8. We're the underdogs, without a doubt.

betting odds arent the only thing that make one side an underdog imo (ie in certain circumstances people all bet for the underdog - which then in betting terms make them a dead cert)

It's been a long time since a team retained the league cup, that's why I'm worried :(

Very good point

Caporegime
Indeed, it's quite obvious Villa are going to have the game of their season, as it's pretty much their biggest game of the season and the only chance of winning silverware.

Soldato
betting odds arent the only thing that make one side an underdog imo (ie in certain circumstances people all bet for the underdog - which then in betting terms make them a dead cert)

No, but it's generally a good guide. Doesn't take a genius to work out you're the favourites, however pessimistic you wish to be about it.

Indeed, it's quite obvious Villa are going to have the game of their season, as it's pretty much their biggest game of the season and the only chance of winning silverware.

FA Cup? I know Chelsea are still in it, but if we beat Palace we've then got Reading or West Brom. Not an easy draw as such, but there are more difficult ties in the competition than that. Win both of those and we're in the semi's..

Caporegime
FA Cup? I know Chelsea are still in it, but if we beat Palace we've then got Reading or West Brom. Not an easy draw as such, but there are more difficult ties in the competition than that. Win both of those and we're in the semi's..

Ah ok, change that to best chance of winning silverware then.

Soldato
OP
I think your over-confidence in Rooney will be your un-dooing ;)

Agbonlahor and Milner will carve up your defence :D

This has now been fueled by your 3-1 defeat at Goodison Park :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I think your over-confidence in Rooney will be your un-dooing ;)

Agbonlahor and Milner will carve up your defence :D

This has now been fueled by your 3-1 defeat at Goodison Park :p

maybe not fully match fit but both Rio and Vidic should be able to start in the final could totally change that view

Utd were deservedly beaten today but also obviously off colour too (to be fair in the last few years we have never played that well at GP - and Rooney usually has an off day too)

Soldato
I have my tickets, borrowed a friends and his sons season tickets to get them.

When i went down to villa park for them the other week people were queuing since 2am!!

Soldato
Are the tickets on sale for non season ticket holders? Tried to look yesterday but got errors on the tickets page on avfc

ps3ud0 :cool:

Villa can confirm the remaining Carling Cup final tickets are on sale to supporters with a six home game booking history - any six home matches already played in 2009-10 - ON PHONE ONLY.

Supporters who DO NOT HAVE a six home game booking history are strongly advised and politely requested not to contact the Ticket Office.

We also advise fans NOT to come to Villa Park to buy cup final tickets.

We would like to thank supporters for their co-operation.

So I'm never going to get to see my team play at Wembley then.

Back
Top Bottom