Official countdown to graduation thread

Soldato
Raymond Lin said:
I am in the same situation but much much more relax, there is nothing students can do about it. Done all the letters to dean, meetings...etc. time better spent on revision rather than worry.

Yeah, I've tried to tell her, but tbh its more stress than she should have to deal with now. it makes me mad!

Soldato
Yeah really annoying, if the strike action isn't sorted in the next few days I've been told degree classificaitons for my course (zoology) at Edinburgh almost certainly be awarded until September at the earliest.

Soldato
Argh dont even wanna think about graduation. Got my degree last year but left half way through honous so graduation ceremony mid july, jus need to buy a suit. Then working world awaits. Better jobs down south so probably move.

Soldato
Haly said:
Well don't make sweeping generalisations about everyone's field then if you only have knowledge of yours ;)

Agreed 100% :) Im moving on to my Masters in September purely out of a love for my subject and a desire to learn even more about it from a better institution!

Heres hoping for the 2:1 i need!! /crosses fingers

Associate
Arcade Fire said:
Good luck! I just have to go for top ten in college - sometimes going to a rich college has its perks. ;)

Lol what kind of perks :)?

I'm not doing too badly over here :), I've managed to rake in £4300 in two no strings attached scholarships and money from college for getting a first in my first two years. Life is good :) .

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Is it worth doing a masters?

I've got a few lined up, but don't know if I could handle the workload :(

Associate
EVH said:
Is it worth doing a masters?

I've got a few lined up, but don't know if I could handle the workload :(

I'm not an expert but I would say it depends entirely on your situation, particularly how good your degree will be and what you intend on doing when you graduate. For example if your getting a First class degree from a good uni anyway, I would say there is little point. It wont really give you much benefit when applying for jobs or a Phd.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'd guesstimate a 2-1 on my coursework, and yes, I would enjoy the work (good course) but I know the workload will be hell, and I'm not sure how highly employers look on a MSc :confused:

Thanks for the help though

Associate
EVH said:
I'd guesstimate a 2-1 on my coursework, and yes, I would enjoy the work (good course) but I know the workload will be hell, and I'm not sure how highly employers look on a MSc :confused:

Thanks for the help though

All your degree is really there for is to get you an interview. As long as your degree is good enough to do that there isn't much point. I dont see why the workload would be any larger than an undergrad degree myself, although I guess it depends what you are used to.

Caporegime
Just finished my last ever exam!! :D :D :D

4 years complete hell, hopefully the 14-16 hours a day, 7 days a week for the last 2 years :eek: have paid off

The only downer is that my fiends form outside the course finished a week or so a go and have disappeared home or holiday or soemwhere they can't be reached by phone. The rest of my coursemates finished yesterday, meaning they are paraletic at the moment and probably want get out of bed for the next few days! Flatmate has vanished as well.

Looks like its just me and a crate of beer :p

1 pint down, half way through a bottle of Deuchars IPA....

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Last assignment just finished.
I'm done :D Handing it in tomorrow.

Doesn't quite feel the same as if I had exams though because now it's just a bit 'Right....i'm done, why are there no fanfares or general celebrations?' :o

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Nope. I know that what I've written is to the best of my ability and I'm perfectly confident of that. Read it through to check for typos etc.

Associate
Don’t even know when my graduation ceremony is, not really bothered to be honest, just glad to finish. Looking forward to the session after my last exam tomorrow more than my graduation.

D.P. said:
Just finished my last ever exam!! :D :D :D
4 years complete hell, hopefully the 14-16 hours a day, 7 days a week for the last 2 years :eek: have paid off

**edit** Just saw this, what on earth were you studying!? I did nothing until a week before coursework deadlines, just pulled all nighters for a week or so, same with exams :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom