*****Official Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution discussion thread*****

Soldato
Deus Ex: HR was ruined by the ending IMO. Last boss takes about 10 seconds and then you choose the ending?! **** that. So all those decisions i made back there had nothing to do with the story?! How very very cheap.

Soldato
Ok this is annoying me - there is a vent in the ladies room (that's the only reason I went in there) on the 6th floor in Picus - and it looks like it should open but it doesn't open. It's annoying me now. Can't see anything searching for it. I want to know where it goes?

Soldato
Sorry for the mega bump ! :o But thought I use an already existing thread then making a new.

I'm a bit late to the party with the Deus Ex series but thought I ask if anyone has any advice in regards to what Augmentations one should aim for or avoid ?? Or any advice at all really ?? I'm trying my best to do a non kill run and since I'm not a speed runner up to 20 hours so far and got so far as to the quest Stopping the Transmission, not sure how far that is in the game though. I did find out that shooting someone with a tranquillizer might kill them, or that might been another bug. It was the banger outside the room when you have to knock out another banger during the quest Cloak & Daggers. Hopefully that was just a glitch though, since I have to admit I've not checked too thoroughly at start of the game if they were knocked out. :o

Only found one bug/glitch (unless the above was one too), which was a bit funny.

42yyBOA.jpg

oROXI3m.jpg

I did shoot the guy with a tranquillizer dart, but of course the fall killed him so reload and he was still there. :p

Got to admit for a game that's almost 5 years old I find it has aged well. Looking forward to continue with Mankind Divided after this one. :cool:

Soldato
If you want non-lethal then Stealth based augs should be your priority and prolonged battery time to drive them.

I always found the iron lung (!) immune to poison gas quite useful particularly mid to late game where opponents regularly spam gas grenades. More so HR as in MD all the breather did was slow down the effect so could still die.

Soldato
Thank you for the replies, much appreciated ! :)

If you want non-lethal then Stealth based augs should be your priority and prolonged battery time to drive them.

I always found the iron lung (!) immune to poison gas quite useful particularly mid to late game where opponents regularly spam gas grenades. More so HR as in MD all the breather did was slow down the effect so could still die.

Thanks, Iron Lung does seem to be a good one. Also thinking of the one that protects against concussion grenades, just not had many thrown at me yet though, so not sure if it a good investment. In regards to the battery time, I invested to get one more bar, but unless I eat a "candy bar", it always stay red. Is it only the 2 first bar's that refills ??

Someone died when I shot them in the head with the tranq gun too, so if you really don't want to kill anyone, tranq gun can be a bit iffy.

Yeah, I try and shoot them in the chest/back, and using F5 very much, might end up wearing it out ! :p If anyone on the other hand would die later after been shoot, then so be it, not much one can do about that.

Soldato
Someone died when I shot them in the head with the tranq gun too, so if you really don't want to kill anyone, tranq gun can be a bit iffy.

They also count as a kill if they get ganked by collateral damage. My one and only attempt at a stealth playthrough I was crossing the warehouse at the docks, before you board the ship out of Hengsha and took out the large sentry robot. Unfortunately it detonated right next to a henchman who had the skull and crossbone over him - so much for that attempt.

I also pondered whether your decision at the end of The Missing Link
save the scientist or save the prisoners
has any bearing on the outcome.
Though I subsequently learned there is a way to keep both alive.

The other tricky part is during the battle for Panchea. Even though the humans are almost all turned into mad zombies, they still count as a "kill" if you accidentally terminate them particularly in the Hyron room when again you have to detonate several sentry bots.

Soldato
I knocked a guard out, moved him to a hidding space, knocked another guard out and pulled him to same spot. First guard then dead. :confused:

Had to reload twice before they all showed as sleeping, after been knocked out. Guess it is a bit if a bug that they just can die after you taking them out physically ??

Back
Top Bottom