*****Official Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution discussion thread*****

Associate
I've high hopes for this. Whatever anyone else says, I think DE2 was a good game. Anyone expecting DE again will surely be disappointed.

Soldato
I've high hopes for this. Whatever anyone else says, I think DE2 was a good game. Anyone expecting DE again will surely be disappointed.

I played DE2 again recently after the steam sale, must say i enjoyed it far more than first time around :)

Yea it's nothing compared to the original (and no the original was not a console port. It was ported to the PS2 afterwards), but there's still a lot in its favour.

Deus Ex 3 seems to have taken a rather..large dose of influence from Japanese culture. Neolink already mentions the similarites to Ghost in the Shell. Just hope it doesnt come across too heavily in the actual game :o

Associate
I played DE2 again recently after the steam sale, must say i enjoyed it far more than first time around :)

Yea it's nothing compared to the original (and no the original was not a console port. It was ported to the PS2 afterwards), but there's still a lot in its favour.

Deus Ex 3 seems to have taken a rather..large dose of influence from Japanese culture. Neolink already mentions the similarites to Ghost in the Shell. Just hope it doesnt come across too heavily in the actual game :o

Good on you. I would suggest everyone try it, and if they have, try it again. It's still leagues better than a lot of the poo that comes out today.

About the japanese look, with Square Enix doing all the CGI, it's bound to come through. That said, I watched an interview with the art director and they've been working hand in hand. We'll have to see!

Associate
Damn, if the game play can match the trailer then we are in for a treat, console port or not. However iw ont get my hopes up....though i really want to...oh cruel world why do this to me :(

Caporegime
4.jpg

Hmm - Hell's Kitchen :)

Soldato
Meh, call me crazy but ingame screenshots and CGI trailers are getting tedious.

Gameplay videos or nothing, the rest is just bs. CGI trailers aren't the game and screenshots are normally enhanced and in any case don't show a damn thing. There wasn't even a UI on them.

Soldato
Very promising if the trailer is anything to go by in terms of plot, action, music, voice overs. Looks like Deus Ex 3 could possibly be the dark horse game of next year! :eek:

Did anyone else think the guy doing the voice over sounded a bit like Christian Bale's Batman voice though? :p

Back
Top Bottom