*****Official Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution discussion thread*****

Caporegime
No they never said that. It was just some website having wild imagination. It is a shame however. PC Exclusivity would make the game better by definition.
the first one was only good because it was pc only the second was so consolized it was almost destined to be medicore they stripped everything which was good about the first away

Associate
This new one is easily the best trailer I've ever seen for a game. Definitely gets your attention. Deus Ex would make a great series of movies; the story is there and could possibly be adapted for the big screen.

Our new protagonist seems to possess far superior mechanical augs to those found on Hermann and Navarre, I wonder how is that going to be explained if it's a prequel?

Last edited:
Associate
The first one was epic, the second one ended up being rubbish. This one can go either way, I'm definitely excited but also don't want to hope for too much at the moment. Deus Ex is -very- hard to do right I think.

- Ordokai

Caporegime
The first game is the only game I've ever given 10 / 10. I still enjoyed the second title but it wasn't up to the standard of the first, 8+ / 10 (yes, I enjoyed it more than most it seems ;) ).

Obviously and like many others I pray this is something a bit special. I do believe it might be a decent offering but I can't see it being up to numbers one's standard. Fingers crossed.

Caporegime
This will not be as good as Deus Ex. I think people are in for a disappointment if they're hoping that. Nothing will be as good as Deus Ex, ever again. It is a unique game in the PCs history, and I don't think any sequel should try to better it.

Hopefully Deus Ex 3 will create its own legend by being a stonkingly good game in it's own right. Whilst it is inevitable that people will draw comparisons, I personally won't be buying the game with the hope that this game will carry on the DE storyline and be the same gaming experience I had in DE1, which was breathtaking, truly ground breaking and exciting. I want a similar kind of experience, told in a different way.

The only thing I dearly hope is still in the game from DE1 is the ability to throw plants at Tech Sergeant Kaplan, and to steal his chocolate :p.

Associate
Not looking forward to this unfortunately, even though Deus Ex is my favourite game of all time. The thing that worries me the most is that this game is being developed in Montreal, and so far every game that came out of that city has been all style and no substance.

As soon as i see a CGI trailer with the protagonist doing ballet moves in slow motion, i know that game came from Montreal lol. I hope to god i'm proved wrong, because if any game deserves a quality sequel it's Deus Ex, but i am 99% sure this game will be crap.

Soldato
The Eurogamer preview is actually daring to say it's going to be a damn good game.

This is, recognisably and joyfully, a true Deus Ex game - we can stop worrying and start tentative negotiation with the hype train.

When you see the game in motion you find yourself breathing sigh of relief after sigh of relief at the tiniest of things - from the way the screen looks after you've hacked a computer and are fiddling with security feeds, to the way a strength augmentation will let you pick up boxes that are in your path.

Sure, a 20-minute preview presentation of the nerfed and agoraphobic Deus Ex: Invisible War may well have featured box movement and correctly represented CCTV too - but with DX3 you can't escape the feeling that Eidos Montreal knows what made the original such a classic, and the follow-up a disappointment in comparison.

I think we can safely hope for this one :)

Man of Honour
Guess I must be one of the few that was somewhat..... not underwhelmed per se, perhaps just unconvinced by the trailer. It just looked like style over substance to me, a bunch of cutscenes slewed together with very little focus on actual gameplay.

What did it really tell us - that Deus Ex folklore is cool? We knew that already.

Associate
True, but the trailer created that Deux Ex atmosphere and feeling. So if they can do that in the trailer, then we can hopefully assume they know what atmosphere and feeling to put into the actual game. It's not a promise that the game will live up to the DX name, but it feels like it's on the right tracks and gives us some hope.

Soldato
The animations look phenomenal. When the player has that conversation with that old dude with the augmented arm, his behaviour was totally natural. I also love the way the third person takedowns naturally blend back into the player's viewpoint. It's very well done in my opinion. The whole thing reeked quality if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom