*****Official Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution discussion thread*****

Klo

Klo

Soldato
Hmm, was too young for Deux Ex at the time, tried playing it recently but couldn't get into it, got bored before the end of the 1st mission. However, this looks pretty good!

Soldato
Not sure if anyone has seen this gameplay but it hit the web recently:

Part1

Part2

I think it looks pretty damn good considering the footage is of such low quality. It surprises me in a lot of ways because it is so different from the first two games and with that (especially being so different from the favoured first game) it disappointed me a little. However in other ways I think it makes up for it. It's doing something that I think is kinda inevitable for Deus Ex to progress forward and that is evident with the cinematic visuals of switching between First and Third Person. I would've preferred First Person perspective but I have a feeling that Third Person perspective may actually enhance the experience in parts more than I could ever have thought but I still would need to see more or 'play' it to really believe it.

I am just glad a lot of work has gone into making a Deus Ex game again and trying to push things forward after the way Deus Ex 2 brought everything backwards.

Soldato
Hmm, was too young for Deux Ex at the time, tried playing it recently but couldn't get into it, got bored before the end of the 1st mission.

Well, I AM old enough for the original Deus Ex :p But I thought the same as you at first. I played the demo, which IIRC was just the first level (liberty island), and I was pretty bored by it - it all seemed very slow and clumsy. But, when the reviews of the full game came out and universally sung its praises, I thought I'd give it another chance, and bought it. It's a good job I did too, because once you give it a chance it turns out to be a masterpiece - possibly still my favourite game of all time.

I guess that it has aged a lot now, so might be even harder to get into, but still - well worth giving it another chance. The first level really doesn't represent the quality of the game, which is all based around the awesome story, and the dialogue that develops it.

Caporegime
Yep, agree with the above, gameplay when released will probably be quite different. Maybe they just used the easiest setting for the demonstration. Otherwise I enjoyed watching it. Looks like it has potential.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom